TechSmith: Camtasia and Snagit
Camtasia is computer screen recording and video editing software. You can use Camtasia to:
- Narrate and record PowerPoint slides, Web pages, or software demonstrations
- Edit your recordings with the powerful, yet easy to use, video editor
- Enhance your recordings with ready-to-use themes, animated backgrounds, graphics, callouts, and more
- Create captions for audio in your recordings
- Create in-video quizzes that integrate with Blackboard
Along with Camtasia, faculty and staff may also request Snagit, an image capture tool that enables easy image capture, including Web pages or parts of a Web page, which can then be shared or incorporated into presentations.
To learn more about Camtasia and Snagit, please go to http://webs.purduecal.edu/oit/software/camtasia/.
Kaltura is a web-based application that allows users to host and share media. Complete with an easy connection to Blackboard, Kaltura’s platform supports most forms of rich media including video, images, and audio. Media uploaded to Kaltura are available to users across multiple platforms, including mobile devices. You can use Kaltura both to upload videos to your course and to allow students to upload video submissions for assignments and discussion posts.
To learn more about Kaltura, please go to http://webs.purduecal.edu/oit/software/kaltura/.