Verification Process for 2014-15

Request for Information from Students

Shortly after you receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) we will receive the same information from the U.S. Department of Education (if you listed Purdue University Calumet to receive your FAFSA data). At that point you may be selected for verification and asked to provide additional documentation to our office.

Check PCSTAR[Opens in New Window] (Purdue Calumet STudent Access to Records) DAILY to monitor your financial aid status and watch for emails from the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts ( sent to your Purdue Calumet email address and your personal email address as provided on the FAFSA.

PCSTAR can be accessed from the Purdue Calumet home page at[Opens in New Window]. Select ‘Start Here’, and click on the PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] icon.

You may also select the PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] link in the right column on the Financial Aid and Student Accounts home page at[Opens in New Window]. Reference documents navigating you through PCSTAR [Opens in New Window]are available at[Opens in New Window].

Within PCSTAR [Opens in New Window]Financial Aid:

  1. Select “Student Requirements” to view documents or information required from you.
  2. Select “Messages” to view important messages to you from the Office of Financial Aid.

Other important information available to you via PCSTAR [Opens in New Window]:

  1. Select “Satisfactory Academic Progress” to review your current status.
    • If your status is “Warning” you are at risk of losing your aid eligibility.
    • If your status is “Ineligible” you are currently not eligible to receive financial aid and may submit an Appeal available at the following link
  2. Select “Financial Aid Holds” to view any holds currently existing on your account
  3. Pell Grant Specific Requirement: Unusual Enrollment History Review

    Continuing for the 2014-2015 school year, the U.S. Department of Education has established new regulations to prevent fraud and abuse in the Federal Pell Grant Program by identifying students with unusual enrollment histories. What this means for you:

    • If you received a Federal Pell Grant at multiple institutions in recent academic years (2011-2012, 2012- 2013, & 2013-2014), your 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be flagged for unusual enrollment history (UEH).
    • The flags “2” and “3” will be indicated on your Student Aid Report (SAR) and the Financial Aid Office will be required to review your enrollment history to determine whether or not you are enrolling only long enough to receive cash refunds of Federal student aid.
    • If you received the Federal Pell Grant and credit hours (passing grades: A-D) were not earned at each institution attended during these award years, you may be determined ineligible for Federal financial aid.
    • The Financial Aid Office will determine if you had a valid reason for having unusual enrollment at multiple institutions.  You may be asked to provide valid documentation explaining the reason behind your unusual enrollment history.
    • If documentation is needed, the Financial Aid Office will contact you by email and letter requesting a letter of explanation and supporting documentation.

    NOTE: Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) must be resolved before you can receive Federal financial aid

Important Dates for 2014-15
Fall 2014 Spring 2015
Priority deadline for receipt of requested information and/or documents from students July 1, 2014 December 1, 2014
Aid Disbursed (posted) to students’ accounts August 15, 2014 January 2, 2015
Begin issuing financial aid refunds to students via mail or ACH August 15, 2014 January 2, 2015
Classes Begin August 25, 2014 January 12, 2015


Special Circumstances

If your family has experienced a loss in taxable or nontaxable income you may be eligible for an adjustment to your aid eligibility. Meet with a financial aid counselor to see if you might qualify for an Appeal based on your Special Circumstances.


Visit us in the Enrollment Services Center (Lawshe 130), call us at (219) 989-2301, or e-mail us