Billing & Financial Aid
Important Information for Financial Aid Applicants
Processed financial awards and anticipated financial awards will appear in the “Credits/Anticipated Credits” section of your E-Bill. Only processed financial awards have been applied toward your bill as a Credit to reduce the “Amount Due”.
Anticipated financial awards appear with an asterisk (*) as an “Anticipated Credit” and do not affect the amount due. These funds are not yet disbursed (paid) onto your account as certain requirements or processes are not yet completed (i.e. student not yet enrolled in required credit hours, awaiting completion of loan entrance counseling and/or a Master Promissory Note (MPN), or awaiting confirmation from the Direct Loan Origination Center that these activities have been completed). Once these requirements or processes are completed the “Anticipated” Aid will be disbursed (paid) onto the student’s account.
Access PCSTAR at http://www.purduecal.edu/pcstar to monitor the status of your financial awards.
- Select “Student Services and Financial Aid” from the Main Menu.
- Select “Financial Aid”.
- Select “Award Information” from the Financial Aid Menu.
- Select “Awards by Aid Year” from the Award Information Menu.
- General Information tab – provides general information related to your awards
- Award Overview tab – review and print your awards
- Resources/Additional Information tab – provide responses to questions and information about additional resources you may be receiving
- Terms and Conditions tab – review and accept terms and conditions for receiving financial aid
- Accept Award Offer tab – review to accept your awards in full or in part, or to decline an award
- Special Messages tab – view additional information that may be posted for your review
- Select “Important Financial Aid Messages” from the Financial Aid Menu to view important messages to you.
- Select “Award Messages” from the Award Information Menu to view messages related to a specific award or awards.
- If the amount of your processed financial aid covers your “Total Current Term Charges” your classes will automatically be held. In this case should you choose not to attend you MUST officially withdraw from your classes by contacting the Registrar’s Office.
- You must be meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements in order to be eligible to receive your financial aid awards. If you are placed in an “Ineligible” status you are responsible for paying your bill in full.
- All federal and institutional aid is based on your enrollment at the end of the first week of classes. State aid is based on your enrollment at the end of the 4th week of classes.
- Refunds will be issued to students via mail (paper checks) or E-refunding.