Steps to Receiving Financial Aid at Purdue University Calumet


Step 1:      Create your FSA ID.

Effective May 10, 2015, the Federal Student Aid PIN has been replaced by the FSA ID – a username and password – and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department or Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid Documents. 

If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to FAFSA on the Web at, the National Student Loan Data System at or the Federal Student Loan System at Students who have a Federal Student Aid PIN will be able to enter it and link it to their FSA ID. An FSA ID can be created even if the student has forgotten their PIN.

Additional information can be found at: How To Create Your FSA ID Guide .


Step 2:      Complete and submit a FAFSA at

There is no fee to complete the FAFSA, and it is the only application you will need to apply for federal student aid.

Be sure to enter Purdue University Calumet’s Federal School Code: 001827.


Step 3:      Search the Purdue University Calumet website for scholarship information at

There are a number of scholarships available to students who meet the eligibility criteria. Review the list of scholarships and apply for those for which you may qualify. Scholarships may help reduce your loan debt obligation.


Step 4:      Submit all required documentation.

Monitor myPUC for messages and information from the Office of Financial Aid. Use myPUC to view outstanding requirements needed to complete the financial aid process.


Step 5:      Review your award notification on myPUC.

Accept or decline the financial aid awards offered to you within 30 days of receipt of your award notification.


Step 6:      Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at

You are not required to complete this step if you have already completed loan entrance counseling or an MPN. You can visit to determine if you have already completed these requirements.


Questions?  Contact the Office of Financial Aid at