Purdue University Calumet offers a variety of scholarships to recognize student achievement and provide financial assistance to help with the cost of an education. Students are encouraged to pursue scholarship opportunities and apply for those for which they may qualify. Some scholarships are awarded for merit, financial need or both merit and need. Scholarship award amounts vary depending on the availability of funding and the number of qualified applicants. Most scholarships have deadlines and may be awarded well in advance of the next academic year. Students who are interested in pursuing scholarship opportunities are encouraged to apply early. Please visit this site often since new scholarships are publicized as they become available.
Scholarships from the Office of Admissions
Purdue University Calumet is dedicated to recognizing the academic excellence of our students. Entering freshmen and new transfer students are considered for academic scholarships as part of the admissions process. These scholarships are renewable provided the recipient continues to meet the scholarship criteria and program requirements. Admissions scholarships may be viewed on the Admissions website.
Annual and Endowed Scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid, in conjunction with the scholarship committee, has the privilege of awarding numerous scholarships to Purdue Calumet students due to the generosity of our donors. Students are selected based on academic performance, program of study, grade classification, enrollment status and other selection criteria.
Scholarships awarded by the Office of Financial Aid in conjunction with the scholarship committee require an application and essay which must be submitted by the priority date displayed on the application. The scholarship application may be accessed using the link below:
Scholarships Awarded by Purdue Calumet Colleges and Departments
Many of Purdue Calumet University’s annual and endowed scholarships are awarded by the Colleges or Academic Departments of the university as requested by the donor. Please review the listing of all available scholarships using the link below and contact the academic department for more information on these scholarships.
Other Purdue Calumet Scholarship Applications
Some scholarships have very specific criteria and require a separate application. Please review the criteria for each award carefully and only apply for those for which you may qualify. Continue to monitor this website to view these applications as they become available.
- Graduate Distinction Scholarship Application
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Karman Healthcare Scholarships – Deadline September 1, 2015
- AICPA Legacy Foundation Scholarships
- Allied Van Lines Scholarship – Deadline September 1, 2015
- Goedekers Scholarship – Deadline July 31, 2015
- Whirlwind Steel Scholarship – Deadline July 31, 2015
Scholarship Opportunity for Veterans
SVA is excited to partner with BP America to provide three $10,000 scholarships to students in STEM fields. This scholarship program reinforces our shared commitment to creating and increasing opportunities for veterans to pursue courses of study that yield to high demand, high growth careers in STEM and technology-related fields. BP is committed to playing a leading role in securing America’s energy today and in the future, and they share our belief that no one is better positioned than a veteran to meet the growing energy needs of the U.S. SVA and BP America are proud to help veterans seek out these dynamic opportunities. In order to apply for the scholarship, please carefully review the eligibility criteria, and make sure to submit all required materials prior to the application deadline. This scholarship closes June 1st, 2015 at 11:59 EST.
Eligible student veterans must meet the below outlined minimum criteria:
- Be pursuing a degree from an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, located in the United States
- Be enrolled for the 2015/2016 academic year
- Attest to being enrolled in a STEM course of study
- Be a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Submit proof of military service (DD214)
- Submit proof of enrollment in an accredited US institution of higher learning (transcript)
- Submit a current resume
- Answer the following two questions via separate essays of 500 words each or less:
- Tell us about your previous leadership experiences, whether in high school or during your military service. How have you carried these experiences forward in the classroom or in other university activities?
- BP’s values of Safety, Courage, One Team, Respect, and Excellence; are central to our culture and strength as a company. Please select a BP value that you share and describe how upholding that value has played an important role in your military career and/or college experiences.
How to Apply
Eligible Applicants should Submit the following using our application portal by clicking on the apply now button at the bottom of this section:
Scholarship search engines can be a very useful tool in helping students locate scholarships. The site will often require the student to complete a profile and attempt to match the student with scholarship opportunities that exist across the country. However, as a word of caution, if the scholarship search site or scholarship application requires a fee, avoid it! The list below identifies some of the most popular scholarship search engines, and they are all free of charge!