You indicated on the FAFSA that you are a veteran; however the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) could not confirm your status.
- If you are a veteran, submit a copy of your DD214 (Member 4 Copy) “Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty” showing military service other than the Reserves or National Guard (unless you were called to active duty) to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts – Lawshe Hall Room 130.
- If you are not a veteran now but will be by June 30, submit a copy of your military ID and separation orders (only if you have never been issued a DD214) to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts.
- If 1 or 2 above does not apply to you, you will need to:
- correct Question 49 to “No” on your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- provide parental information on your SAR
- request parent to obtain a PIN from the U.S. Department of Education at http://www.pin.ed.gov, if necessary, to serve as your parent’s electronic signature
- resubmit your corrected SAR electronically at http://www.fafsa.gov with your and your parent’s electronic signature
Important: Remember to include your PUID and name on all documentation submitted to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts.