Eligible Non-Citizen


Please bring the appropriate original document to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts – Lawshe Hall Room 130:

  • I-551 (Alien Registration Receipt Card)
  • I-551C (Conditional Permanent Resident Card)
  • I-94 (Arrival Departure Record) stamped with “Refugee”, “Asylum Granted”, “Parole”, or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant”


The following are NOT acceptable as documentation of eligible non-citizen status:

  • Employment Authorization card
  • F-1, F-2 Student Visa
  • J-1, J-2 Exchange Visitor Visa
  • G International Organizations
  • Period of Adjustment Letter/Receipt
  • Application for permanent resident status


  • U.S. Citizenship and immigration Services (USCIS) has confirmed that any of the above documents may be photocopied as long as it is done for lawful purposes
  • Social Security cards and driver’s licenses are not acceptable forms of documentation of citizenship
  • The Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts is required by Federal Regulations to review the ORIGINAL document/s related to your eligible non-citizenship status. Please call (219) 989-2301 to schedule an appointment to meet with Cindy C. or Tanika in the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts between 8am-4pm Monday thru Friday. Thank you.