You indicated on your FAFSA that you are or were an emancipated minor as determined by a court in your state of legal residence.
- Submit a copy of a court’s decision that you are were an emancipated minor immediately before you reached the age of being an adult in your state to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts. The court must be located in your state of legal residence at the time the court’s decision was issued.
- If you answered Question 53 on your FAFSA incorrectly, if you are still a minor and the court decision is no longer in effect or the court decision was not in effect at the time you became an adult, you will need to:
- correct question 53 to “No” on your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- provide parental information on your SAR
- request parent to obtain a PIN from the U.S. Department of Education at http://www.pin.ed.gov, if necessary, to serve as your parent’s electronic signature
- resubmit your corrected SAR electronically at http://www.fafsa.gov/ with your and your parent’s electronic signature
Important: Remember to include your PUID and name on all documentation submitted to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts at Purdue University Calumet.