Request a Federal Pin
Your Federal Student Aid PIN will act as an electronic signature annually for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and enable you to complete promissory notes and other financial aid transactions with the U.S. Department of Education (ED).
Apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN at http://www.pin.ed.gov [Opens in New Window] (if you do not already have one).
Note: If you are considered dependent for financial aid purposes, your parent(s) must also apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN at http://www.pin.ed.gov [Opens in New Window].
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Federal law requires the U.S. Department of Education (ED) to allow students to apply for federal aid without paying a fee. To be considered for most of the federal student aid programs a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ [Opens in New Window]. States and most schools also use FASFA information in awarding funds from their own financial aid programs.
- Complete the FAFSA as early as possible each year after January 1. The priority filing deadline for students attending Purdue University Calumet is March 10 prior to the academic year for which you are seeking financial assistance (i.e. March 10, 2014 for 2014-2015).
- Use completed or estimated federal tax information.
- List Purdue University Calumet to receive your FAFSA information. Our school code is 001827.
Verify Information is Correct on your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- The Student Aid Report (SAR) is generated as a result of your submitting a FAFSA. The SAR contains your FAFSA information. You will receive notification from the U.S. Department of Education (ED) when it is available and how to access it.
- Review all information on the SAR for accuracy.
- Go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ [Opens in New Window] to make corrections, if necessary.
- Keep this information for your records.
The Office of Financial Aid will notify you, via e-mail, regarding your next steps in the financial aid process. You can also view important messages and information on PCSTAR [Opens in New Window].
Request for Documentation
Shortly after you receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) we will receive the same information from the U.S. Department of Education (if you listed Purdue University Calumet to receive your FAFSA data). At that point you may be selected for verification and asked to provide additional documentation to our office.
- We will notify you if additional documentation is needed from you.
- To view and download your additional documentation requirements go to PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] (Purdue Calumet STudent Access to Records).
It is important to meet all requirements for your financial aid. Financial Aid awards are developed to help meet your estimated educational expenses according to federal, state, and institutional regulations and business rules. All awards are based on available funds. Purdue Calumet has the right to revise or cancel awards if funds are unavailable, your application contains incorrect data, or your financial situation or enrollment status changes. Financial Aid is applied to all charges on your University student account.
Check PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] on a weekly basis to monitor your awards and for important messages. Watch for important emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. And feel free to contact the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts if you have any questions.