Request for Documentation
Shortly after you receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) we will receive the same information from the U.S. Department of Education (if you listed Purdue University Calumet to receive your FAFSA data). At that point you may be selected for verification and asked to provide additional documentation to our office. Watch for an e-mail from email@example.com and monitor PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] (Purdue Calumet STudent Access to Records) on a weekly basis.
- We will notify you if additional documentation is needed from you.
- To view and download your additional documentation requirements go to PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] (Purdue Calumet STudent Access to Records).
Pell Grant Specific Requirement: Unusual Enrollment History Review
Effective for the 2013-2014 school year, the U.S. Department of Education has established new regulations to prevent fraud and abuse in the Federal Pell Grant Program by identifying students with unusual enrollment histories. What this means for you:
- If you received a Federal Pell Grant at multiple institutions in recent academic years (2010-2011, 2011- 2012, & 2012-2013), your 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be flagged for unusual enrollment history (UEH).
- The flags “2” and “3” will be indicated on your Student Aid Report (SAR) and the Financial Aid Office will be required to review your enrollment history to determine whether or not you are enrolling only long enough to receive cash refunds of Federal student aid.
- If you received the Federal Pell Grant and credit hours (passing grades: A-D) were not earned at each institution attended during these award years, you may be determined ineligible for Federal financial aid.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine if you had a valid reason for having unusual enrollment at multiple institutions. You may be asked to provide valid documentation explaining the reason behind your unusual enrollment history.
- If documentation is needed, the Financial Aid Office will contact you by email and letter requesting a letter of explanation and supporting documentation.
NOTE: Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) must be resolved before you can receive Federal financial aid
It is important to meet all requirements for your financial aid. Financial Aid awards are developed to help meet your estimated educational expenses according to federal, state, and institutional regulations and business rules. All awards are based on available funds. Purdue Calumet has the right to revise or cancel awards if funds are unavailable, your application contains incorrect data, or your financial situation or enrollment status changes. Financial Aid is applies to all charges on your University student account. Check PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] on a weekly basis to monitor your awards and for important messages. Watch for important emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact our office if you have any questions.