Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN [Opens in New Window] (if you do not already have one). Your Federal Student Aid PIN will act as an electronic signature annually for the FAFSA application, and enable you to complete promissory notes and other financial aid transactions with the U.S. Department of Education (ED). Note: If you are considered dependent for financial aid purposes your parent(s) must also apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN [Opens in New Window].
- Federal law requires the U.S. Department of Education (ED) to allow students to apply for federal aid without paying a fee. To be considered for most of the federal student aid programs a student must complete the FAFSA [Opens in New Window]. States and most schools also use FASFA information in awarding funds from their own financial aid programs.
- Complete the FAFSA [Opens in New Window] as early as possible each year after January 1. The priority filing deadline for students attending Purdue University Calumet is March 10 prior to the academic year for which you are seeking financial assistance (i.e. March 10, 2010 for 2010-2011).
- Use completed or estimated federal tax information.
- List Purdue University Calumet to receive your FAFSA [Opens in New Window] information. Our school code is 001827.
Verify Information is Correct on your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- The Student Aid Report (SAR) contains your FAFSA information and is generated as a result of your submitting a FAFSA. You will receive notification from the U.S. Department of Education (ED) when it is available and how to access it.
- Review all information for accuracy.
- Use FAFSA on the WEB [Opens in New Window] to make corrections, if necessary.
- Keep this information for your records.
We will notify you, via e-mail, regarding your next steps in the financial aid process. You can also view important messages and information on PCSTAR[Opens in New Window]