Financial Aid For Summer 2013
Financial assistance for Summer 2013 is extremely limited. Only students enrolled in at least 6 hours will be evaluated for financial aid eligibility.
Billing and Payment Information for Summer and Fall 2013 is now available!
Summer 2013 – Payment in full is due by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 31, 2013
Fall 2013 – Payment in full is due by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 1, 2013
File your 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov [Opens in New Window].
Filing the FAFSA is now easier than ever! If you have already filed your (your parents) 2012 Federal Tax Return, you may give permission on your FAFSA to have your (your parents) tax information downloaded directly to the FAFSA by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- By doing this you will no longer have to provide a copy of your Federal Tax Return to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts.
- If you choose not to do this, you may have to provide an IRS Tax Transcript from the IRS to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts. Copies of Federal Tax Returns are no longer acceptable documentation for financial aid purposes.
Financial Aid Refunds
The University continues to issue financial aid refunds to students for the Spring 2013. Refunds are issued to students who have refundable aid remaining after payment of their tuition and fees. These refunds are issued via the mail (paper check) or E-refunding (ACH).
For more information, visit our Financial Aid Refunds webpage.
FAFSA Data Verification for 2012-2013
The Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts continues to load student FAFSA data into the student information system and continues to request information and/or documents from students to complete their financial aid file for 2012-13.
Check PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] DAILY to monitor your financial aid status and watch for emails from the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts sent to your Purdue Calumet email address and your personal email address as provided on the FAFSA.
Financial Aid Communication
In an effort to be efficient, improve overall operations, and protect valuable resources, the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts will communicate with students strictly by electronic means.
This means that it is VERY IMPORTANT for students to do the following on a DAILY basis:
- Check your PUC email and your personal email (as provided by you on your FAFSA) for important messages from our office.
- Check PCSTAR [Opens in New Window] (Purdue Calumet Student Access to Records) for important messages and to review any documents that may be required from you at this time.
- Continue to view processing reminders and helpful tutorials to assist you with navigating through PCSTAR here on our home page.
Email us at email@example.com, pay us a visit in the Enrollment Services Center, Lawshe 130 or give us a call at 219/989-2301 if you have any questions.