Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2014 Disability Scholarship Program and Application
The Michigan personal injury lawyers of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are pleased to announce its first annual 2014 Disability Scholarship intended for a student with a disability. The Michigan law firm represents victims of car accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice cases, nursing home neglect cases, dog bite injuries, and all other personal injury accident matters. Located in Southfield, Michigan, the law firm represents clients throughout the entire State. The scholarship has been created as part of Buckfire & Buckfire’s commitment to helping victims of a disability or injury who are in need of financial assistance for their education.
The Disability Scholarship is $1,000.00 and will be awarded to a student who is currently attending an accredited college or university. The scholarship is open to students with any type of disability, including but not limited to physical disabilities, medical conditions, mental and psychiatric conditions, speech and language, learning disabilities, behavioral conditions, and all other conditions. We encourage all students to apply even if they are unsure if their specific disability qualifies for the scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States.
- Has a disability diagnosis from any person qualified to make a diagnosis
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Completed at least one semester of classes at an accredited college or university.
One $1,000.00 college scholarship will be awarded to one student. The winner of the 2014 Disability Scholarship Program will be notified via phone by December 1, 2014. All other applicants will be notified via mail by December 1, 2014.
The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2014 Scholarship Program is to be used exclusively for college and university tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000.00 will be made payable to the recipient’s college or university to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
In order to apply for the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2014 Disability Scholarship Program an applicant must submit the following items on or before November 1, 2014:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form. Download an accessible 2014 Disability Scholarship Application Form (PDF).
- One-page typed essay describing how you overcame a personal challenge or adversity in your life and what you learned from the experience.
- A certified copy of accredited college or university transcript including your most recent semester.
- Diagnosis Documentation of disability from a person qualified to make a diagnosis
How to Apply
Application materials should be mailed to:
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.
Attn: Disability Scholarship
25800 Northwestern Hwy, Ste. 890
Southfield, MI 48075
Please note: We do not accept fax or email applications. All required items should be mailed together in one package.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than November 1, 2014. No exceptions.