Announcing Blind Math Gems

Now Available on Blindscience.org: Blindmath Gems

For almost ten years, the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) has maintained the Blindmath listserv, a lively exchange of worldwide postings on all topics mathematical. The Blindmath archives are now ginormous.  Finding anything of substance in them can be a daunting task except for the most database-savvy users.  Therefore, in cooperation with the NFB Jernigan Institute, I have spent the last three years combing through the Blindmath archives looking for and compiling the most interesting and relevant postings.  We have put this compilation on the NFB’s Blindscience.org Website.  Postings have been placed in different categories that simplify user searches .  Currently, I have finished searching the archives through 2011.  What has happened too often before is that rather than searching the archives first, people in need of math-related information have simply posted their questions on Blindmath.  This has resulted in repetitive queries with sometimes tired, old answers.  Now, before posting your question, please go to www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home.  If you don’t find what you are looking for here, feel free to post your question to Blindmath.  It’s possible that your question has already been answered, and I simply failed to select your query.  Let me apologize here in advance for any failure or shortcoming on my part in my selection of postings.  If you have comments or questions about Blindmath Gems, please contact  blmathgems@earthlink.net .

– Al Maneki,  National Federation of the Blind