Admission Requirements for the Online RN/BS Completion Partnership Program
Applicants must meet the following requirements for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing:
- Complete Purdue University Calumet Application and submit application fee.
- Applicant must be officially accepted by the University before his or her application can be considered by admission to the College of Nursing.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0.
- Successfully completed an associate’s degree or diploma program in Nursing.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Completion of 62 semester credit hours of lower division courses, distributed as follows:
Science Courses (17 Credits) Humanities/Social Science Courses (12 Credits) Elective Courses (3 Credits) Nursing Courses (30 Credits)
Anatomy & Physiology – 8 credits
General Chemistry – 3 credits
Pharmacology, Math or Science Course – 2 credits
Microbiology – 4 credits
English Composition – 3 credits
Introductory Psychology – 3 credits
Growth & Development, Sociology, Child Psychology, Nutrition, or other Social Science course – 6 credits
History, Political Science, Philosophy, Arts, Nursing elective or other course – 3 credits
Earned transfer credit or department credit without examination.
Graduates of Associate Degree Nursing Programs who do not have the required 30 hours of nursing credit will have their academic records evaluated on an individual basis.
- Students must have all lower division requirements completed prior to admission.