Associate Clinical Professor
|Degree Earned||Institution||Year of Graduation|
|Post Master's Certificate for PNP||Rush College of Nursing||2011|
|MSN Orthopedics/Pediatrics||Rush College of Nursing||1985|
|BSN||Rush College of Nursing||1983|
|BS Cell and Developmental Biology||Purdue University, West Lafayette||1981|
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, October 2011-Present
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- Committee Member for Pediatric Certification Board, 2009-Present
- Society of Pediatric Nursing, 1995-Present
- Sigma Theta Tau, 1995-Present
- Mu Omega Chapter, 1996-Present
- President, Mu Omega Chapter, May 2002-May 2006
Licensure and Board Certification
- State of Indiana Registered Nurse License
- State of Illinois Registered Nurse License
- CPR Instructor (Illinois, American Heart Association)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- Certified Pediatric Nurse, Pediatric Nurse Certification Board, 2009-Present
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Nurse Certification Board, 2012-Present
Teaching Interests/Courses Taught
|Course Number||Course Name|
|NUR 36100||Pediatric Nursing|
|NUR 37200||Pediatric Nursing Clinical|
|NUR 50300||Advanced Physical Assessment|
Primary Care of the Young Family
- Spencer, C., Fife, R., & Rabinovich, E. (1995). The School Experience of Children with Arthritis. Pediatric Clinics of North America, 42(5), 1285-1298.
- Fife, R. (1993). Methotrexate Use in JRA. Orthopedic Nursing, 12(1), 32-36.
- Zubay, R. (1988). Understanding Magnetic Resonance Imaging from a Nursing Prospective, Orthopedic Nursing, 7(6), 17-22.
- Fife, R. (2001). Rheumatic Fever: NSNA NCLEX EXCEL Course. Retrieved September 20, 2001, from http://nursing.mcphu.edu .
- Fife, R. (2001). Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: NSNA NCLEX EXCEL Course. Retrieved September 20, 2001, from http://nursing.mcphu.edu .
- Fife, R. (2001). Cerebral Palsy: NSNA NCLEX EXCEL Course. Retrieved September 20, 2001, from http://nursing.mcphu.edu .
- Fife, R. (2001). Parenting: NSNA NCLEX EXCEL Course. Retrieved September 20, 2001, from http://nursing.mcphu.edu .
- Fife, R. & Marthaler, M. (1999). Sad State of Nursing in Romania. Nursing Spectrum, Sept 7, 24.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Grant to attend the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board Certified Pediatric Nursing Item Writer Item Item Writing Workshop, Gaithersburg, MD - 2009
- Excellence in Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau, Mu Omega - 2002
- Outstanding Volunteer, Arthritis Foundation, Greater Chicagoland Chapter - 2001
- Midwest Universities Consortium for International Travel Activities (MUCIA) Travel Grant, Purdue University - 1999
- Writer’s Award, National Association of Orthopedic Nurses - 1988
- Cum Laude recognition for BSN - 1983