School of Nursing
Lisa Hopp PhD, RN, FAAN
Professor of Nursing and Director of Indiana Center for Evidence Based Nursing Practice: A Collaborating Centre of the Joanna Briggs Institute
PhD University of Illinois at Chicago (Nursing) 1992
MS University of Illinois at Chicago (Nursing) 1988
BSN Rush University (Nursing) 1979
BA Grinnell College (French) 1978
Joanna Briggs Foundation Board
American Nurses Association and Indiana State Nurses Association
National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
American Association of Critical Care Nurses
Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society)
Sigma Theta Tau International
International Editorial Board, International Journal of Nursing
Cochrane Nursing Care Field
Joanna Briggs Collaboration Committee of Directors
Licensure and Board Certification
Indiana and Illinois
2012 2012 Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
2009 Joanna Briggs Institute, Annual Best Paper Award
2005 National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialist Susan B. Davidson Service Award
2002 Outstanding Teacher of the Year: Purdue University Calumet
1996 Sigma Xi
1988 Phi Kappa Phi
1985 Chicago Lung Assocation: Nursing Assembly Scholarship
1984 Sigma Theta Tau International
1984 American Nurses Association: Medical-Surgical Nurse of the Year
Evidence Based Practice: systematic review methods and production, implementation science, knowledge translation
Safety and quality in nursing practice
Inspiratory muscle function and training in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Teaching Interests/Courses Taught
Advanced physiology and pathophysiology
Adult-gerontologic and acute care/critical care clinical nurse specialist didactic and practica
Foundations of advanced nursing practice
Scholarship of teaching interest:
Using technology in teaching and learning
- Hopp, L. & Rittenmeyer, L (2012). Introduction to evidence based practice: A practical guide to nursing. FA Davis: Philadelphia, PA.
- Aromataris, E., Hopp, L., Munn, Z. (2011). Synthesizing evidence of risk. Lippincott-Joanna Briggs Institute Synthesis Series: No 5. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins: Philadelphia, PA.
- Hopp, L.J. (2010). Designing podcasts for clinical nurse specialist education. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 24, 106-109. doi: 10.1097/NUR.0b013e3181d33d80
- Hopp, L.J., & Walker, J. (2009). Effectiveness of arm exercise on dyspnea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A systematic review. Joanna Briggs Institute Library of Systematic Reviews, 7, 1352-1371. Retrieved from http://www.joannabriggs.edu.au/pubs/systematic_reviews.php
- Hopp, L. (2009). The role of systematic reviews in teaching evidence-based practice. Clinical Nurse Specialists, 23, 314-315. Doi: 10.1097/NUR.0b013e3181bf996a
- Hopp, L.J. (2009). Letter to the editor: Once is never enough. American Journal of Critical Care, 18, 400..
- Hopp, L.J. (2006). Talk to me about evidence-based practice! Issues in Advanced Practice, 17, 250-252.
- Hopp, L.J. (2005). Minding the gap: Evidence-based practice brings the academy to clinical practice. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 19, 190-192.
- Hopp, L.J. (2005). Practice what we preach. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 19, 23-24.
- Hopp, L. J. (1998). Theories and principles underlying successful multimedia [report on presentation by R. Tannenbaum at EDUCOM]. Library High Tech News, 149, 18-19.
- Hopp, L.J. (1997). Using sound and animation to engage the learner. Proceedings of Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, S-34, 73 [abstract].
- Hopp, L., Larson, J. L., Sharp, J. T., & Kim, M.J. (1996). Incremental threshold loading in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Nursing Research, 45, 196-202.
Selected Awards and Honors
Websites, Facebook, etc.