College of Nursing
Janice E Tazbir, RN, MS, CS, CCRN
Professor of Nursing
MS, Purdue University Calumet (1996)
BS, Purdue University Calumet (1993)
AS, Purdue University Calumet (1985)
- 1997 – Present: National League for Nursing
- 2004 – Present: National Association for Clinical Nurse Specialists
- 1993 – Present: American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- 1993 – Present: American Association of Neuroscience Nursing
- 1995 – Present: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society, Mu Omega Chapter, Secretary 2000 – 2002
- 1988 – 1993: Illinois Nurses Association
- 2008 – Present: Society of Innovators
Licensure and Board Certification
- Registered Nurse – State of IN
- Registered Nurse – State of IL
- 2010 – Quality Matters Distance Learning Certified
- 2009 – Certified by Indiana Center for Evidence Based Practice as a Research Associate
- 2007 – Certified Experiential Educator National Society of Experiential Education
- 1995 – Present – American Association of Critical Care Adult Critical Care Registered Nurse Certification (CCRN)
- 2007 – Inducted as Lifetime Member of the Society of Innovators, for Teaching Innovation, Gary, Indiana
- 2006 – Teaching Excellence Award, Purdue University Calumet
- 1999 – Mentor Award, Sigma Theta Tau, Mu Omega Chapter
- 1995 – Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society, Mu Omega Chapter
Sepsis, Leadership and Management in Nursing
Sepsis, Collective Bargaining
Teaching Interests/Courses Taught
- NUR 39200: Adult Nursing 2
- NUR 41500: Pathophysiology
- NUR 49800: Captstone
- HESI Exam Coordinator and Remediation
*Tazbir, J. (2010). Clinical Companion to Accompany Contemporary Medical Surgical Nursing (2st Edition). Clifton Park, NJ: Delmar Learning.
*Tazbir, J. & Keresztes, P. (2008). Medical Surgical Atlas (1st Edition). Clifton Park, NJ: Delmar Learning.
*Tazbir, J. (2007). Clinical Companion to Accompany Contemporary Medical Surgical Nursing (1st Edition). Clifton Park, NJ: Delmar Learning.
*Keresztes, P., & *Tazbir, J. (2005). CSF drainage after thoracic aneurysm repair. Program and Proceedings, National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition.
*Keresztes, P., & Tazbir, J. (2005). The PFA-100: Analysis and interpretation of a platelet function measurement. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 20, 405-407.
*Tazbir, J. (2011, September). Why does sepsis kill? A closer look at infections turned deadly. Friday University Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, IN
*Tazbir, J., Dorman, J. (2011, January). Transition to U.S. healthcare, teaching students educated outside the U.S.. 23rd Annual Conference for Teachers of Nursing Practice, Interactive Learning: Creating Engagement and Accountability January 11, 2011 University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
*Tazbir, J. (2011, October). Using HESI exams, our experience. Hesi User Conference, Oakbrook, IL
*Tazbir, J. (2009, September). Sepsis: Early recognition and treatment in the medical surgical setting. In the 10th American Medical Surgical Nurses Convention, Washington, DC.