School of Nursing
Cheryl Anema, PhD, RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
PhD, Rush University (2006)
MSN, Loyola University (1986)
BSN, DePaul University (1983)
Diploma, Wesley-Passavant School of Nursing (1979)
- IL Nurses Association – Director-at-Large
- IL Nurses Foundation – Director
- IL Nurses Association District 20 – President
- American Nurses Association – Delegate
Licensure and Board Certification
- Registered Nurse – State of IN
- Registered Nurse – State of IL
- General Nurse – Jamaica
- Spiritual Well-Being and Fibromyalgia: Relationships with Symptom Pattern Variability, Uncertainty, and Psychosocial Adaptation
- Nurses’ Voice in Healthcare Today! – Health Policy and Advocacy
Teaching Interests/Courses Taught
||Pathophysiology, Concepts of Role Development in Professional Nursing, Community Health Nursing Practicum, Nursing Captstone, Conceptual and Theoretical Thinking in Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Practicum, Nursing Ethics, Theoretical Thinking in Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Practicum, Nursing Ethics|
|Graduate:||Health Care Organization, Policy and Economics, Nursing Ethics, Nursing Research|
Anema, C. (January, 2011). The role of nursing in health care policy. The Illinois Nurse, 7(1), 5.
Anema, C., & Fraczkowski, D. (September, 2010). Mentoring as an integral part of nursing practice. The Illinois Nurse, 6(4), 4.
Anema, C., Johnson, M., Zeller, J. M., Fogg, L., & Zetterlund, J. (June, 2009). Abstract: Spiritual well-being in individuals with fibromyalgia syndrome: Relationships with symptom pattern variability, uncertainty, and psychosocial adaptation. Pain Management News and Research, the monthly e-newsletter of the American Academy of Pain Management.
Anema, C., Johnson, M., Zeller, J. M., Fogg, L., & Zetterlund, J. (2009). Spiritual well-being in individuals with fibromyalgia syndrome: Relationships wtih symptom pattern variability, uncertainty, and psychosocial adaptation. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice: An international Journal, 23(1), 8-22.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Nursing Spectrum Excellence in Nursing – Teaching Award Regional Finalist – 2011
- The Distinguished Nurse Alumni Award – Northwestern Memorial Hospital Service League – 2010
- Anne Zimmerman Award – IL Nurses Foundation – 2009
- Experiential Learning Course Design & Development Award/Title III Faculty Development Grant – PUC – 2009