Contact: Marisa Garcia-Verdugo, Interim Executive Director
Location: CLO 176
The International Programs Office is committed to further diversifying the Purdue University Calumet campus and supporting global awareness through the development of international partnerships, study abroad opportunities, increased international student enrollment, and international events and cultural programming. International Programs is the campus resource for faculty, staff, and students on all international endeavors. Visit the IPO web site to learn more about Study Abroad, developing partnerships, mentoring and campus events at www.purduecal.edu/intl
In order to achieve its goals, IPO is comprised of four main units:
- International Students and Scholars (ISS) advises international students, scholars, and employees on immigration matters in order to help them reach their academic, professional, and cross-cultural goals successfully.
- International Programs develops international partnerships and agreements, promotes study abroad and exchange programs, and provides peer mentoring and orientations for international students.
- The English Language Program (ELP) provides the language instruction students need to succeed in their university studies, and gives students access to native English speaking peer mentors, and field trips to local destinations.
- International Admissions reviews and processes international student applications, evaluates foreign credentials, and corresponds with prospective international students.
IPO provides services and assistance to faculty and academic departments regarding:
- Study Abroad Program Assistance: IPO works with the academic departments and faculty and Business Services Office to develop a budget to ensure all University policies are taken into consideration, and markets study abroad opportunities to students.
- International Partnership Development: IPO meets with academic departments, arranges visits from delegations from abroad, and works with Business Services and other units to ensure that any international partnership or academic program being developed meets University Policies and supports PUC’s strategic mission.
- Immigration Services for International Scholars and Employees: ISS oversees the J-1 Exchange Visitor program for visiting scholars, researchers, and professors, and works with Purdue West Lafayette on the processing of immigration related documentation for H-1B Temporary Employees and Permanent Residency cases.