Congratulations and Welcome to Purdue Calumet!
As a new student to our university, you will be attending a new student orientation. At New Student Orientation, you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn how to navigate our institutions technology resources, hear from faculty members regarding life in a Purdue University Calumet classroom, and hear about tips and tricks on becoming a successful student at Purdue University Calumet.
Every student has the opportunity to bring up to two (2) guest with them to New Student Orientation. Parents and family members will receive information as well. Being a supporter at home can also aid in the success of the student. During New Student Orientation, parents and family members will attend a breakout session that involves a panel of administrators that answers any question regarding Purdue University Calumet. Questions such as Financial Aid information or even Campus Safety.
In order to better service students that attend New Student Orientation, there is a $30.00 fee that is attached to the students’ account (family/guests are free). Please read our Payment Information page to learn how to pay you New Student Orientation fee. The New Student Orientation fee will not be placed on your account until you have officially been confirmed to attend New Student Orientation!
How to Register for New Student Orientation
The registration process for New Student Orientation is quick and easy. Just follow the following steps below and we will see you at orientation!
All students MUST complete the following steps BEFORE registering for New Student Orientation
- Receive Acceptance Letter From Purdue University Calumet
- Complete ALEKS Math Placement Exam (mandatory for all students)
- Complete and submit the New Student Orientation registration form.
- Receive confirmation email with New Student Orientation date & time.
- Pay $30 non-refundable New Student Orientation fee PRIOR to attending orientation. Visit our Payment Information page for more information.
If you have any issues, comments, or questions regarding New Student Orientation, please give us a call at 219-989-2358 and we will gladly answer any questions you may have!
Important Notes to Consider!
- Each student that registers for New Student Orientation is important to us. Due to the high volume of students that require individual preparation, we close down our New Student Orientation registrations 48 hours prior to the start of the orientation. We encourage all students to register for New Student Orientation as soon as possible to ensure a smooth process.
- You spot at New Student Orientation is only reserved once you receive a confirmation email from New Student Orientation. This email will be sent to you no later than 48 hours after you register for New Student Orientation.
- If you are a transfer student or have college credits, please bring a hard copy of transcripts to ensure that your classes are being considered while registering for courses
New Student Orientation Dates for Spring 2014 Admitted Students
All times are listed in CST (Central Standard Time)
First Time College Students
- Friday, December 6th (8:30am – 1:00pm) CST
- Thursday, January 9th (8:30am – 1:00pm) CST
Transfer, Re-Entry, Re-Admitted Students
- Thursday, December 19th (3:30pm – 8:00pm) CST
- Thursday, January 9th (8:30am-1:00pm) CST
**Please note that check in for all New Student Orientations begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the program. We ask that you arrive as early as possible to ensure a smooth check-in process. In addition, for processing purposes, it is our policy that we close all of our New Student Orientation registrations 48 hours prior to upcoming orientation event. **