Learn how to improve job/career marketability at Purdue Calumet program June 24
HAMMOND, Ind. — Purdue University Calumet is hosting a program to help region residents become more job- and career-marketable.
The 27th annual Working Smarter to be Job Marketable program, co-sponsored by The Times, is scheduled at 6 p.m., Tuesday, June 24 in Alumni Hall of Purdue Calumet’s Student Union & Library.
Individuals searching for a job, others concerned about their pending employment status, those considering a career change, others planning to return to the work force after an extended absence, as well as individuals who are exploring the prospect of starting or taking over a business can gain valuable insights, perspectives, tips and hints during fast-paced, mini-sessions presented by Purdue Calumet faculty and staff.
The Purdue Calumet program will feature the following presentations:
- Training for Available Jobs in Advanced Manufacturing–Purdue Calumet is offering a no-cost training program for jobs as mechatronics technicians and industrial machinery mechanics. Learn more.
- Resumes, Cover Letters, Thank You’s & Interviews–Gain insights about how to define resumes to job requirements, writing cover letters that explain what your resume cannot, the importance of thank you letters & effective interview preparation.
- Finding Jobs/Careers That Match Your Interest–Using O-Net, discover how to research careers that fit your interests, complete with details about work tasks, skills, education, wages, job outlook & more.
- Job Search Strategies for 50 & Older Seekers–You’re mature, experienced, knowledgeable and hard working. But do you impress employers? Gain tips and strategies for enhancing your job marketability.
- Convert What You Love Doing into Your Career — What are you passionate about doing? How can you turn that passion into your life’s work? Learn insightful, savvy perspectives into what it takes to start and take control of your dream career.
- Job Search & Marketability Panel Discussion — Our program presenters answer your questions.
- What Can a Graduate Degree Do for Me?– From Accountancy to an MBA to Nursing and Technology, learn more about master’s degree programs offered at Purdue Calumet.
Working Smarter is designed to offer insightful insider information to help enable attendees to jump start or redirect their professional lives in a fast-changing work world.
To qualify for free admission, individuals must register by Friday, June 20. They may do so on line at the Purdue Calumet Working Smarter to be Job Marketable web site link: http://webs.purduecal.edu/workingsmarter/. Prospective attendees also may register by phoning Purdue Calumet’s Office of Marketing and Communications at 219/989-2217 or toll free at 800/HI-PURDUE, ext. 2217.