An internship is an invaluable way to get experience in your field before you look for a job after graduation. There are plenty of internships available if you know where to look and if you are willing to do some research. The lists below will get you started. They are just a sampling of what is available. Be creative in your research. You may also want to contact the Business Librarian at our library at Purdue Calumet who can help you with additional research.
We will also post local internships as we hear about them. Click HERE for more information.
Top 200 Intern Employers Plan to Hire more than 46,000 Interns in 2008
STATE COLLEGE, PA–(HR MARKETER)–February 27, 2008–CollegeGrad.com, the #1 Entry Level Job Site, today announced the Top 200 Intern Employers for 2008. According to the results of the 2008 Top Entry Level Employers survey, current college students can expect Top Intern Employers to hire more than 46,000 interns in 2008. The Top Intern Employers list details the 2008 internship hiring plans for 200 employers nationwide, and is available online at www.CollegeGrad.com/topemployers/internships.shtml. Each employer page also details projections for entry and masters level hiring for the 2008 recruiting year. Among the 2008 Top 200 Intern Employers listed by CollegeGrad.com, 53% anticipate hiring more interns in 2008 than 2007. 22% will hire the same number and 25% will be hiring fewer interns than in 2007. But even though more than half of employer respondents indicated they would be increasing their total intern hiring, the total increase in 2008 intern hiring is only 0.52% over 2007 intern hiring.
Marketing Internship sites and examples
- Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/college/ip_mktmlr.mspx
- P&G Pharmaceuticals http://www.pgpharma.com/marketing_internships.shtml
- The Direct Marketing Association http://www.the-dma.org/dmef/students.shtml
- Proctor & Gamble http://www.pg.com/jobs/jobs_us/recruitblue/internships.jhtml
- The Merchandise Mart http://www.merchandisemart.com/internships.html
- Killian Advertising http://www.killianadvertising.com/test.html
- Chicago Red Cross http://www.chicagoredcross.org/careers_detail.asp?id=43&SN=315&OP=279&SUOP=280&SUOP2=&SUOP3=&IDCapitulo=VF223FBDFD
- American Association of Advertising Agencies – Multicultural Advertising Intern Program http://www2.aaaa.org/careers/maip/Pages/default.aspx
Retailing Internship sites and examples
- Macys & Bloomingdales http://www.macysjobs.com/college/internships/
- Walgreens http://www.walgreens.com/about/careers/retail/internship.jsp
- Harpo Studios http://www.harpocareers.com/JobDescription.aspx?Identifier=299
HR Internship sites and examples
- General Mills http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/careers/hr_internship.aspx
- Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/College/ip_hr.mspx
- WGN TVhttp://wgntv.trb.com/about/station/jobs/wgntv-jobs-internships-hr,0,3613115.story
- Childrens Defense Fund http://www.childrensdefense.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Get_Involved_Internships_Types_HR