Course: MKG 42900/43000 – Advertising Campaigns
This two-course experience places you right in front of the marketing departments of some of the largest companies in the world while participating in the National Student Advertising Competition (www.aaf.org/nsac/). You’ll be presented with a real-life case study from a national client and compete against 150 other student teams from universities all over the nation. This nine-month project allows you to analyze the target market, company, competitors, and industry through a variety of primary research and secondary sources such as Mediamark Research Intelligence (MRI), Experian Simmons OneView and Hitwise, Adology, and Nielsen. You’ll be using the same research databases marketing departments and advertising agencies use for every campaign.
Once you’ve finalized your research, your team will move on to the creative strategy and execution for the client. You’ll create a multi-million dollar creative campaign that includes magazines, television, out-of-home, and digital components. Your team will then have the ability to travel to meet the client and pitch your ideas in the hopes of “winning the business”. In addition, many of our teams have entered their creative into other creative competitions such as the ADDY awards, American Advertising Awards, Hermes Creative Awards, and Marcom Awards.
- 2013 – AAF NSAC Finalist (14th in the nation)
- 2013 – AAF NSAC District 6 – First Place
- 2013 – Hermes Creative Award
- 2013 – Marcom Award
- 2013 – (1) Gold & (2) Silver ADDY Awards
- 2012 – AAF NSAC Wildcard – 2nd Place
- 2012 – AAF NSAC District 6 – 2nd Place
- 2012 – “Best of Show” ADDY Award
- 2012 – “Peoples Choice” ADDY Award
- 2012 – (3) Gold ADDY Awards
- Students Place in National Competition
- Purdue Calumet Students Place 1st in District [Opens in New Window]
- PUC Students Earn ADDY Advertising Competition Awards [Opens in New Window]