The minimum requirements for admission include:
- 3.00 (B) undergraduate grade point average
- Two copies of official transcripts of previous course work
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completion of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), with a combined score of 300 on Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning sections, and a 4 on the Analytical Writing section (on tests taken on or after August 1, 2011)
- A résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A 1,000-word autobiographical statement
- A 300-500 word statement of purpose
Top candidates will be invited to interview with faculty for admission to the program. Graduate teaching and research assistantships are available on a limited basis.
The Marriage and Family Therapy Program encourages applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
If you would like to receive application materials, please call us at 219-989-2027 or send us an e-mail with your name, phone number, and mailing address. Applications are due January 9, 2015.
MFT Program Student Handbook
The Student Handbook is available for viewing and download.