ME – CE Student Awards 2015
- Matthew Meier – Distinguished Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Senior
ME – CE Student Awards 2014
Outstanding Undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering Award went to Michael Krzywinski, May, 2014
Recipient of Walk the Talk Award from The Office of the Vice President for Ethics & Compliance at West Lafayette was given to Matthew Meier, April, 2014.
Matthew Meier is also an NSF S-STEM scholar.
Purdue Calumet students take First Place in AISTech 2014 Steel Conference Contest: Hannah Amor, Stephen Builta and Michael Garcia.
Erik Rolfs – Distinguished Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Senior
Erik Rolfs – Distinguished College of Engineering, Mathematics & Science Undergraduate Senior
ME – CE Student Awards 2013
The Purdue Calumet Civil Engineering Steel Bridge won first place in subcategory “Stiffness” among all 16 schools that participated in the American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE) Steel Bridge Competition held in Angola, IN on April 20th 2013. Overall, the steel bridge was ranked 11th. (Mentors – Robert Rescot, Chandra Viswanathan, and Indrajit Ray).
The Concrete Canoe competed successfully in the ASCE event on April 20th 2013.
PUC I Moonbuggy ranked 5th place out of 48 Moonbuggies that took part in the College division of the 2013 International NASA Moonbuggy Competition (Mentor – Harvey Abramowitz).
The PUC I Moonbuggy also won the 2013 Featherweight Award as the lightest Moonbuggy to complete the course in 10 minutes or under (Mentor – Harvey Abramowitz).
The PUC II Moonbuggy finished 20th place in the 2013 International NASA Moonbuggy Competition (Mentor – Harvey Abramowitz).
2013 PUC Student Research Award
- First Place in Undergraduate Oral Presentation Award, “CFD & VR Study of NIPSCO Unit 8 Decomposition Chamber,” (Danko Andric, Jiachun Li, Xiaoxiao Zhang) (Mentor – Chenn Zhou & Bin Wu)
- Second Place in Graduate Oral presentation Award, “Infrared Imaging of Spatial Distribution of Fouling on a Membrane Surface,” (Kennethrex Obianika Ndukaife), (Mentor – George Nnanna)
- Third Place in Graduate Poster Presentation Award, “Optimization of an Urea Decomposition Chamber using CFD & VR,” (Xingjian Chen, Xiaoxi Lou), (Mentor – Chenn Zhou & Bin Wu).
ME graduate student, Tianwei Wang, gave a presentation as an Invited Speaker at the ASHRAE Winter meeting at Dallas Texas in January 2013, (Mentor: George Nnanna)
PUC Chapter of Sigma Xi Spring 2013 Student Research Award
- Tianwei Wang (Mentor: George Nnanna)
- Guangwu Tang (Mentor: Chenn Zhou).
Graduate Assistant, Nicholas Walla, won First Place in theGraduate Student Poster Competition at the 2013 AISTech (Association for Iron and Steel Technology) Conference. (Mentors: Chenn Zhou, Bin Wu & Yulian Kin).
The PUC Human Powered Vehicle (HPV) was ranked 14th of 32 in the 2012 American Society of Mechanical Engineers HPV Challenge
PUC Moonbuggy received Featherweight Award in the University Division of 2012 International NASA Great Moonbuggy Race