Mechanical & Civil Engineering Seminars
- “Finite Element Modeling of Passive Friction Dampers,” Andrei Ionut Stefancu, Visiting Fulbright Scholar at University of Southern California, March 4th 2013
- “Particulate Air Pollution: Characterization of Chemical Composition and Understanding of Sources,” Mansur Amonov, Visiting Fulbright Scholar at University of Wisconsin, Madison
- “Modeling of Energy Consumption in Buildings and Simulation of HVAC Systems,” Armin Teskeredzic, Visiting Fulbright Scholar at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, March 20th 2013
- “Functional Membrane Materials: Opportunities in Water Treatment,” William Phillip, College of Engineering and Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The University of Notre Dame, December 11th, Purdue University Calumet, Potter 334, Hammond, IN.
- “NiSource/ NIPSCO’s water sustainability commitment and NWI Paddling Association,” Dan Plath, Principal – Environmental, Safety, & Sustainability, NiSource, December 4th, 2012, Purdue University Calumet, Potter 334, Hammond, IN.
- “Environmental sustainability efforts of ArcelorMittal,” Kevin Doyle, Manager, Environmental Affairs, ArcelorMittal, December 6th, Purdue University Calumet, Potter 334, Hammond, IN.
- “Orthodontic Biomechanics,” Jie Chen, Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis, April 6th, 2012.
- “The Dynamics of Human Reaching – Simplifying Motor Control Strategies,” James Schmiedeler, University of Notre Dame, March 9th 2012.
- “Fluid Power Systems,” Jose Garcia, Illinois Institute of Technology, February 17th, 2012.
- “Applications of Novel Analysis Methods Towards Improvements in Energy Efficiency and Storage,” Aaron Wemhoff, Villanova University, December 14th, 2011.
- “Membrane Technology: Bacteria and virus removal, and the development of new membrane materials,” John Hopkins University, December 1st, 2011.
- “The development of sustainable catalytic processes for removing oxyanions from drinking water,” University of Illinois Urbana Champagne, November 11th, 2011.
- “Chemicals of Emerging Concern (CECs): A discussion of the technologies used for the removal of CECs and monitoring strategies to assess treatment efficacy,” Colorado School of Mines, Oct. 25th, 2011.
- Optoelectric Micro/Nano Particle and Droplet Manipulation, Steve Wereley, Purdue University, September 20th, 2011.