Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
Purdue University Calumet
Department of Engineering
2200 169th Street Hammond, IN 46323-2094
To send email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D in Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India in 1997
- M.E in Water Resources Engineering and Management, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, India in 1990
- B.E in Civil Engineering, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, India in 1985
- Professional Engineer, Ohio State
- 2008(Aug) Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Indiana.
- 2005-2008 Scientist III, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute, University of Kentucky & Adjunct Faculty in Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY.
- 2004 Associate Professor of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India.
- 2003-2004 Visiting Faculty in Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY.
- 1999-2003 Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- 1997-1999 Lecturer in Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Thiruchirappali, Tamil Nadu, India.
- 1995-1997 Assistant Engineer, Water Resources Organization, Government of Tamil Nadu, India.
- 1992-1995 Research Fellow in Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu, India.
- 1987-1992 Assistant Engineer, Water Resources Organization, Government of Tamil Nadu, India.
- 1986-1987 Engineering Trainee, Fortune International Pvt Ltd, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Water Resources Systems Analysis :Optimization – Reservoir operation and river system water resources planning
- Artificial Intelligence in Civil Engineering – Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering Neural Networks, Fuzzy logic and Expert Systems
- Floods – Water Resources Engineering related Remote Sensing and GIS applications
- Water Quality Modeling ” Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
- Surface Water and Ground Water Modeling
- Groundwater ” Field Pumping test, conjunctive use of ground and surface water studies
- Hydrology, Fluid Mechanics, Statics, Water Resources Engineering, Groundwater hydrology, Surveying, Advanced Hydrological Analysis, Remote Sensing and GIS applications in Water Resources, Water Resources Systems Analysis, Open Channel Hydraulics, Fuzzy logic and ANN applications in Civil Engineering
Selected peer-reviewed publications
- A chapter written in the book:
Artificial Neural Network Applications in Water Supply Engineering.(2005) Task Committee Report. Water Supply Engineering Committee. ASCE. Editors: Lingireddy, S. and Brion, G.M. ISBN: 0-7844-0765-7.
- Chandramouli, V. Neelakantan, T.R., Brion, G.M., and Lingireddy, S. (2008) “Predicting Enteric Virus Presence in Surface Waters Using Artificial Neural Networks” Environmental Engineering Sci., 25:1:62-71.
- Chandramouli, V., Brion, G.M., Neelakantan, T.R., Lingireddy, S. (2007), “Backfilling Missing Microbial Concentrations in a Riverine Database using Artificial Neural Networks,” Water Research, 41:01:217-227.
- Chandramouli, V., Lingireddy, S., Brion, G. (2007), “A Robust Training Terminating Criterion for Neural Network Modeling of Small Datasets,” ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 21:1:39-46.
- T.R.Girija., C. Mahanta ., V. Chandramouli (2007).Water Quality Assessment of an Untreated Effluent Impacted Urban River: The Case of the Bharalu Tributary of the Brahmaputra River, India. Environmental monitoring and assessment, 130,221-236.
- Paresh Deka, V.Chandramouli, (2005), Fuzzy Neural Network model for river flow prediction, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), 10(4), 302-314.
- Ramesh, S.V.T, V.Chandramouli, (2005) “Improved weighing methods, deterministic and stochastic data driven models for estimation of missing precipitation records”, Journal of Hydrology, Elsevier, 312, 191-206.
- V.Chandramouli, Paresh Deka, (2005), Neural network based decision support system for optimal reservoir operation, Journal of Water Resources Management, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Springer, 19, 447-464.
- Brion, G, V.Chandramouli, T.R.Neelakantan, Lingireddy, S, Girones, R, Lees, D, Allard, A and Vantarakis, A, (2005), Artificial Neural Network prediction of viruses in Shellfish, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, American Society of Microbiology, Sep, 5244-5253.
- V.Chandramouli, Baleshwar Singh, Prajnan Goswami (2004), Study on Bankline migration of Brahmaputra river in Dhubri region, Assam using remote sensing imageries, Indian Journal of Hydrology, Indian Association of Hydrologists, Roorkee, India, 8(3),22-25.
- Paresh Deka, V.Chandramouli, (2003), Fuzzy-neural network model for deriving river stage-discharge relationship, Hydrological Sciences Journal, Oxford, 48(2), 197-209.
- V.Chandramouli, K.A.Kuppusamy, K.Manikandan, (2002), Study on water sharing in a multi reservoir system using dynamic programming ” neural network model, International Journal of Water Resources Development, Vol.18 (3), 425-438.
- Chandramouli, V., and Raman, H., (2001), Multi Reservoir modeling with dynamic programming and neural network, Jl of Water Resources Planning & Management, ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), 127(2), 89-98.
- H.Raman, V.Chandramouli, (1996), Deriving a general Operating Policy for reservoir using Neural Network, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), 122(5), 342-347.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ARTICLES:
- Ormsbee, L., V.Chandramouli, 2008 Pathogen TMDL Development in Karst Watersheds : Challenges and Solutions, American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, May, Hawaii, USA.
- V.Chandramouli, Ormsbee, L., Kopp, J., 2007, Land Acquisition Study at Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Site using MODFLOWT Modeling, American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, May 15-19, Tamba, Florida, USA.
- Balla, A., V.Chandramouli, Ramesh, S.V.T, Ormsbee, L., 2007, Evaluation of Spatial Interpolation Techniques for Estimation of Missing Precipitation Data, Poster presented at American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, May 15-19, Tamba, Florida, USA.
- Ramesh, S. V. T, V.Chandramouli, Ormsbee, L., 2006, Effect of DEM (Digital Elevation Models) Resolution on the Hydrological and Water Quality Modeling, American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, May 21-25, Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- V.Chandramouli, Ramesh, S. V. T, Ormsbee, L., Surface Water Assessment and Hydrologic Modeling under Karst Aquifer conditions, Poster presented at American Geophysical Union Conference, Nov-Dec, 2005, AGU Conference, San Francisco, USA.
- V.Chandramouli, Manish Kumar, Chandan Mahanta, “Optimization of reservoir operation using dynamic programming and fuzzy neural network”, accepted for the presentation in the forthcoming International conference on Hydrology and Watershed Management, held during Dec, 2002 at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India.
- C.Sivapragasam, Liong, S.Y, V.Chandramouli, ” Towards efficient Multipurpose reservoir operation : A new approach”, presented in the International conference IAHR, held during Aug, 2002 at National University, Singapore. Vol.II, pp 569-574.
- P.Deka, V.Chandramouli, ” River flow prediction using fuzzy ” neural network modeling”, accepted for the presentation in the International conference IAHR, held during Aug, 2002 at National University, Singapore. Vol.II, pp.711-714.
- V.Chandramouli, Y.Stanley, ” GIS Based Simulation Model with the aid of Artificial Neural Network for Optimal Water Resource Management of a Multi Reservoir System”, presented in the International conference on Remote sensing and GIS/GPS ICORG held during Feb, 2001 at JNTU, Hydrabad, India. Vol.I, Pp 447-452.
- H.Raman and V.Chandramouli, 1996, “Optimal operation of multi-reservoir system using Dynamic Programming and neural network”, paper presented at the International Conference on Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Engineering XI, Clear Waters, Florida, USA in September, 1996.
- R.Subramanian, V.Chandramouli, “Ground Water assessment and management in Vaigai Basin”, paper presented at the State Level Seminar on Vaigai River Basin Management at 20th century at Irrigation Water Management Training Institute, Trichy during April, 1997.
- V.Chandramouli, P.Govindan, S.Krishnamoorhi, “Recycling waste water for Irrigation use ” A case study”, Belgaum, India, in April, 1997.
- R.Subramanian, V.Chandramouli, ” Assessment and management of ground water potential in Palar River basin, Tamil Nadu”, paper presented at the National Level Conference on Emerging trends in sustainable use of ground water resources, Hydrabad, India, July, 1997.
- A. Ganesan Santhi, V.Chandramouli, :” Expert System for Paddy Irrigation”, paper presented at National Conference on Computer applications in Irrigation, IMTI, Trichy, March, 1998
- A.Manuraj, V.Chandramouli, ” Socio-economic Analysis of Suriyur Tank system”, paper presented at National Conference at IMTI, Trichy, March, 1998.
- V.Chandramouli, K.Palanichamy, ” Multi-reservoir operation using Dynamic Programming and Neural Network”, paper presented at National Workshop on “Canal Automation”, by Central Board of Irrigation and Power, Central Water Commission, Trichy, during July, 1998.
- S.Krishnamoorthi, V.Chandramouli ” Sustainable Irrigation using Recent Techniques”, paper presented at the National level Conference on Irrigation in 2050, Challenges ahead, IMTI, Trichy, March, 1999
- V.Chandramouli, Mrs. Geethaletha, S.Krishnamoorthi, K.A.Kuppusamy, Murugesan, Kalaikko, “Yield from small catchments for sustainable Water Resources Development”, paper presented at the National Seminar on Water Resources Management for Sustainable Development, Sri. Venkateswara University, Tirupathi, March, 1999
- P.Deka, V.Chandramouli, ” Hydrological modeling of an Urban watershed ” Guwahati City Drainage a case study”, submitted for presentation in the Tenth National Symposium on Hydrology, held in July, 2000 at Delhi, India.
- P.Deka, V.Chandramouli, A.K.Sarma, U.C.Kalita, ” Rainfall ” Runoff modeling ” A tool for analysing the effectiveness of alternative watershed management practices”, presented in the National Workshop on Watershed Management in North eastern region, June, 2001, Guwahati, India.
- V.Chandramouli, K.A.Kuppusamy, R & D Project sanctioned by Ministry of Human Resources Development (M.H.R.D), 1998-2000
Title of the Project : “Real Time Reservoir operation for sustainable water management using Artificial Neural Networks
- V.Chandramouli, Baleshwar Singh, Thrust area project sanctioned by M.H.R.D 2001-2003
Title of the Project : “Developing a Remote Sensing Laboratory for better water resources management and flood mitigation in the North-Eastern Region of India “
- Chandan Mahanta, V.Chandramouli, R & D Project sanctioned by M.H.R.D 2001-2003
Title of the project : “Distribution, Fractionation and Deposition of Phosphorous in the Flood Plain Sediments of the Brahmaputra River and their Environmental Ramifications”
- Arup Kumar Sharma, Chandramouli, Thrust area project sanctioned by M.H.R.D 2002-2004
Title of the project : “Analysing the sediment influence in the Bharalu drainage channel due to different aspects”
- V.Chandramouli, Chandan Mahanta, R & D project sanctioned by Department of Science and Technology, India 2002-2004
Title of the project : “GIS for Baralu Watershed of the Brahmaputra river basin for flood control, mitigation and water resources planning”
- V.Chandramouli, L.Ormsbee , USGS Grant 2007-2008
Title of the project : “Assessment of Pathogen Trends in the upper forks of Kentucky River Basin”