Electives for Civil Engineering
Any three CE courses selected by the student with prior approval of advisor.
Civil Engineering Restricted Science Elective:
One required, select from:
- BIOL 10100 – Introductory Biology
- BIOL 29500 – Intro to Biology for Non Majors (cross listed SCI 10300 – Survey of the Biological World)
- BIOL 29500 – Intro to Environmental Biology (cross listed SCI 10400 – Intro to Environmental Biology)
- BIOL 22100 – Intro to Microbiology (Prereq: BIO10100 or AP Biology from High School)
- BIOL 31600 – Basic Microbiology (Prereq: BIO10100 or AP Biology from High School)
ACCEPTABLE HUMANITY AND SOCIAL SCIENCE ELECTIVE COURSES
Required: (9 credits)
- PHIL 3xxxx Engineering Ethics (3 credits) which meets the General Education requirement for Humanities
- One course (3 credits) that meets the General Education requirement for Social Sciences
The balance (3 credits) is selected by the student and advisor to give the student an opportunity to explore areas within the humanities and social sciences. Credit for ECON 21000 is not allowed.
Subject areas not acceptable are skills courses such as writing and speaking, accounting, industrial management, personal finance, ROTC, and personnel administration. Credit is not allowed for a student’s native language.