Special Admission Requirements
Strong undergraduate program in mathematics, including linear algebra, abstract algebra, advanced analysis, and differential equations.
Special Program Requirements
- No more than six credit hours of coursework with grade of C.
- All courses taken as a temporary student must post grades of A or B.
- Plan of Study submitted to Student Advisory Committee before the end of nine semester credit hours; must be approved by the Graduate School before the student registers for the semester in which the degree is to be awarded.
(33 credit hours)
Five Core Courses (15 credit hours)
- MA 52500 Introduction to Complex Analysis
- MA 54000 Analysis I
- MA 54100 Analysis II
- MA 55300 Introduction to Abstract Algebra
- MA 55400 Linear Algebra
Statistics (3 credit hours)
One approved course.
Approved Electives (15 credit hours)
Up to six credit hours may be chosen from approved courses in other departments.
Transfer of credit
No more than three courses accepted from other institutions. Please refer to the Purdue University Calumet Catalog for other regulations governing graduate study at Purdue Calumet.