The UNC Charlotte Organizational Science PhD Program sponsors an institute every summer to provide mentorship and training to students from traditionally under-represented racial/ethnic groups on graduate life in the organizational disciplines. The mission of the 6th annual Organizational Science Summer Institute (OSSI) is to diversify the pipeline for graduate education.
- OSSI pairs students with faculty and graduate student mentors who work on a specific research project during the weeklong institute.
- Participants also:
- Receive free GRE test preparation;
- Work with outside scholars and practitioners from the various disciplines; and
- Receive training on, for example, how to apply for graduate school, what graduate life is actually like, and how to present research effectively.
- The institute provides participants with a monetary stipend, travel support, and free food and housing.
- Ideal OSSI Fellows are sophomore/junior level in college, interested in organizations, planning to attend graduate school in an Org Science-related field, and are members of an underrepresented student population.
- The 2014 Org Science Institute will be held May 18th-23rd, 2014.
- The application deadline for fellows is December 15th, 2013.
Additional information can be found at http://ossi.uncc.edu/ .