This course deals with identifying majors risks that organizations face, the sources and reasons for these risks, and strategies to reduce them to insure continuity and profitability. The instructors will take four different perspectives on this challenging topic. The students are expected to bring their own perspectives and experiences to the class.
- Describe the multiplicity of sources of uncertainty and risk for organizations
- Explain how to identify organizational risks
- Explain how top management can reduce and manage risk and uncertainty
- Recognize the risk associated with changes in interest rates and use swaps and immunization techniques to lower the financial risk
- Discuss the fundamentals of information systems risk management
- Explain environmental and supply chain risks management concepts