This course is centered on the use of statistical tools and applications for business decision making. Essentially, the course deals with the techniques used to collect, analyze, present, and utilize data. The number of business problems to which these techniques can be applied grows daily. Examples of successful applications can be found in every functional area – from marketing to production, from finance to human resource management. The use of quantitative methods is essential for people pursuing careers in almost every area of industry, government, public service, and the professions. Statistical models are now integral parts of many management computer systems, such as decision support and expert systems. In this course you will learn how to evaluate and critique statistical reports. You will also be exposed to the econometric problems in estimation and forecasting. Finally, you will learn how to apply quantitative techniques to real world business problems.
- Gain hands-on experience with popular statistical packages.
- Learn how to choose the most appropriate statistical tool to generate needed information.
- Learn how to report and summarize data in an efficient and distinct manner.
- Understand how to evaluate and critique statistical opinions and reports.
- Learn the basis for business forecasting from both corporate and macroeconomic perspectives.
- Learn the statistical techniques used for data description and statistical inference.