The course covers topics of mission, goal, strategy formulation, strategy implementation and strategy evaluation. Strategic techniques include Industry: Analysis, Analysis of the Competitive Environment, Key Success Factors, Strategic Scenario Analysis and SWOT Analysis. Additional topics covered include strategic thinking, competitive advantage, vertical and horizontal integration, and planning horizon.
- Develop a long range planning approach balancing short term and long term goals.
- Learn how to develop and improve your firm’s competitive advantage.
- Improve your ability to integrate key functional areas into a unified strategic plan.
- Enhance your understanding of the impact of changes in the external environments on executive decisions. Learn the importance of changes in economic, technological, government, political and social forces on the formulation of a firm’s strategy.
- Develop your skills in identifying key business issues and problems.
- Sharpen your ability to make quality, reasoned business decisions.