This course is designed to help you as an investor, manager, and financial analyst to become familiar with the procedures and practices used in preparing accounting information. Further, it will help you to develop an understanding of the sources and uses of accounting information and its application and relevance in the decision making process.
- Learn how financial statements are prepared and how to interpret those statements.
- Learn to set budgets and monitor performance.
- Learn how accounting assists in the efficient use of scarce resources.
- Identify key performance measures that can be used by management.
- Learn to identify what kind of information you need to make an investment decisions.
- Learn how cost accumulation and cost allocation can help you in pricing decision.
- Understand how to control the use of corporate assets through reports and audits.
- Case studies will be used to analyze accounting problems.
- Guest speakers will bring accounting expertise in many accounting disciplines to the classroom.