This course focuses on the opportunities and threats of the complex environment of international business, with an emphasis on the unique problems involved in managing international operations. Main topics include the relevance of the foreign economic, political, legal, and cultural environment, international market analysis, foreign exchange risk management, international human resource management, and import/export transactions.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of the importance of world trade in the global economy.
- Gain an understanding of the functioning of the international monetary system and its role in international business.
- Understand the workings and importance of economic integration occuring in the world and its strategic importance.
- Develop a better understanding of how business functions differ in the transnational environment.
- Enhance decision-making ability in a cross-cultural setting.
- Evaluate the attractiveness of a foreign market for investment.
Develop analytical skills useful in formulating and evaluating international business strategies.