This year, students from MGMT 450 were #1 in the world!
Each year, Purdue University Calumet students compete in a world-wide online business simulation called The Business Strategy Game. During the simulation, students work in teams to manage a virtual shoe company. The co-managers of each company are responsible for assessing market conditions, determining how to respond to the actions of competitors, forging a long-term direction and strategy for their company, forecasting upcoming sales volumes, and making decisions relating to all aspects of an organization.
The companies compete against other teams in their own classes, as well as other groups in schools around the world. This year, students from Professor Derek Ruth’s Management 450 class topped the world rankings – that’s right, they were #1 in the world! The top team– aptly named Team Amazing Shoes– achieved a perfect score in the overall performance category, earning them a tie for #1 in the world in a field of 4247 teams from 288 colleges and universities. Members of this amazing student team included: Allauddin Abdulghani, Mary A Gross, Sarah Moen, David Ramsey, and Aaron Shultz. We are very proud of you and we know this will translate into great things for the companies that hire you
Nine other teams, from both Professor Derek Ruth’s and Professor Arifin Angriawan’s classes, placed on the Global Top 100 List on nineteen occasions during the fall semester 2011.
- Team Beyond Shoes Company included: Richard Dowden, Peng Jin, Kristie Reba, and Diana M Sims.
- Team Da Prima included: Theresa Hochmuth, Samantha Ann Williams, Ben Zamojski, and Christopher C Ziebell
- Team Das Boots II included: Thomas Fagan, Don Pesavento, Lauren Sabich, Will Webb
- Team Capital Shoe included: Nakisha Kennedy, Michael Kolanczyk, Ryan Lorance, Elizabeth Martinez
- Team Elite Soles included: Hardik Patel, Drew Schmidt, Alexandra Udchitz, Chun Wang
- Team Energy Inc. included: Jennifer Freda, Porsha Frost, Jamie Neeley
- Team Dynamite Footwear included: Chris LaMendola, Norm Rojas, Zack Zaborski
- Team A Company included: Fadal Alhmed, Priscilla Brown, Bruce Cichocki, Chad Detmar