International Accounting Experience – May/June 2012 Study Abroad in Europe
LONDON, ENGLAND May 27 – June 2, 2012
PARIS, FRANCE June 3 – June 9, 2012
Course Title and Description: MGMT 40300 (qualifies as an EXL course)
- In London, visit the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) to learn about the Board’s position on the U.S. GAAP and IFRS convergence project
- Visit Ernst & Young to learn about issues in auditing companies complying with IFRS in the UK
- At Lloyds of London, learn about issues surrounding the UK’s compliance with financial instruments and the “carve out”
- Head to the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) to learn about education harmonization issues for certification in the UK and Europe
- Venture to Parliament to learn how IFRS is first endorsed by Parliament before being accepted as an accounting standard
- In Paris, visit Sodexo to learn about application of IFRS by a French company
- Visit the Organisation for Economic and Co-Operative Development (OECD) to learn about national accounting harmonization efforts and difficulties
- Tour Grant Thorton to learn about their international expansion into France, and much more
- Explore The Musée du Louvre (The Louvre Museum), Eifel Tower, etc.
- Collect data on Small and Medium-Size Enterprises (SMEs)
*This is an initial proposed itinerary and may be subject to change.
- The cost of the trip includes tuition and lodging, as well as some meals and any fees associated with trip excursions.
- Cost for airfare is additional.
- This course for qualifies for financial aid.
Interested students should contact Professor Dolores Rinke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-989-2605.