Beginning late July 2012, Information Services will begin moving faculty and staff e-mail accounts to Exchange 2010.
How will this affect me?
- The new OWA (Outlook Web App) will support multiple browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Additionally, the new OWA interface will more closely resemble the desktop client interface.
- You will be able to check your storage limits in both the Outlook desktop client and Outlook Web App (OWA).
- Out of office notifications have been enhanced. In addition to being able to select who is notified, an “Out of Office Assistant” can automatically notify people before they send you an email.
- You will be able to open multiple mailboxes in OWA as you would on the desktop client.
- Support for Active Sync mobile clients, IMAP, and POP3 remains the same.
- The URL for the web interface will change to https://owa.purduecal.edu/owa.
What should I do?
- Before your account is migrated, Information Services will send you an e-mail letting you know when your account will be migrated. Please be on the lookout for this email.
- Outlook users will need to close their Outlook desktop and restart Outlook.
- Active Sync mobile clients will continue to function without a device reboot.
- IMAP and POP users will need to adjust their clients for continued connectivity.
- Mac users may need to adjust their clients for continued connectivity.
How can Information Services (IS) assist?
- For additional information please visit http://webs.purduecal.edu/infosvcs/exchange-migration-quick-tips/
- Online documentation will also be made available for all users at: http://libanswers.purduecal.edu
- This webpage will be regularly updated with new information and changes. If you have further questions, please contact the Customer Service Center at extension 2888 option 2, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.