The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences is dedicated to preparing students for the future by:
- Teaching critical reading, writing, and thinking;
- Providing superior education in liberal arts and social sciences;
- Advancing knowledge within the liberal arts and social sciences through active learning, research, scholarship, and creative activity;
- Supporting free inquiry and free expression in a campus community informed by diverse global, cultural, historical, and theoretical perspectives;
- Promoting community engagement through student internships, experiential learning, and public service.