- Each team will have a set budget to spend on flowers
- YOU CANNOT GO OVER BUDGET (Don’t have to use entire budget)
- Any team that goes over budget will not qualify for judging
- You can purchase any type of flowers Zandstra’s sells. The vouchers works just like cash!!!
Zandstra’s is located @ 10202 Kennedy Ave in Highland
- Each team gets their own container for planting
- Each team will design their own garden
- The garden can be what ever you want in that space
- You can plant as many different types
- The space you will plant is an open area (LITTLE TO NO SHADE, KEEP THAT IN MIND)
Planting Dates: Week of June 1st
Judging Date: June 10th at 11am (Any garden not completed by 10:45am on the 10th will not be eligible to participate)
**You may want to plant closer to judging date so you won’t have to weed, worry as much about deer eating your flowers or a frost. You are responsible for your garden from the day you plant it until judging date.
- Mini garden shovels can be checked out at the check-in desk in the fitness center. Any other tools you may need, you must provide. (No tools will be issued until June 1st). You may use your own garden tools
- Each team captain will be given the vouchers. You can purchase your flowers anytime during the planting dates
- PUC Grounds Crew will water your garden throughout the summer