Cancellation of an Intramural
Is the weather bad outside. Not sure if we are still having intramurals. You can call the intramural office at 989-2050 or call the fitness center at 989-2175. Also the home page of the intramural web page will have any cancellations posted.
- What is our policy for canceling an event?
If campus is closed due to bad weather all intramural activities are canceled. If the campus is still open and there is bad weather participants are to err on the side of caution when it comes to driving in bad conditions.
- What if the intramural activity is taking place off campus?
If classes are canceled so will that activity. If classes are in session and the facility where the intramural is to be held is still open the intramural will still take place. Participants are encouraged to err on the side of caution.
- How will the game or event be made up if canceled?
If it is an open play there will be no make-up. A one night tournament will be made up at a later date in the semester. Participants will be notified of the new date. Any league game will be made-up at the end of the season (Time permitting)
- If my league game was at 7pm and all games were canceled that night do I play the next week at 7pm?
You will play the next week at whatever time that weeks game is scheduled. When we have the make-up week you will play at 7pm.
Please use your best judgment when it comes to driving in bad weather. Remember it’s just a game; it’s not worth risking your life over it!
Game Room Rules
General rules for the Game Room:
- Respect the equipment
- No sitting on the pool or air hockey tables
- Be respectful to others
- Do not litter
- Watch your language
Please report any suspicious activity to the campus police at x2220
General Rules & Policies
***All participants must obey & respect the rules. NO ONE is above the rules***
- Any person involved in the intramural program (including players, spectators/fans, coaches, organizations, teams & STAFF) is considered a participant.
Playing on more than one team
- Players are only allowed to play on one team per intramural sport. If a player plays on a second team, the second team will forfeit the game.
Post Season Eligibility
- Players must play in two (2) regular season games to be eligible to play in the post-season.
- Any participant who plays under an assumed name will be banned from all intramural activities for ONE (1) CALENDAR YEAR. If the assumed name is noticed before the start or during a game/event, then the team will forfeit the game. If the assumed name is noticed after the game/event, then the intramural staff will void a win if that was the outcome of the game/event.
- Any deliberate damages to equipment, fields, or the building that have occurred within the framework of an intramural event will be charged to the offending participant(s) . Identified person(s) will be financially responsible for the damages.
- The role of a spectator is to provide support and encouragement. If any spectator comes onto the playing area, makes any inappropriate comments or gesture towards a player, spectator, staff member or official, then said person(s) will be removed from the building or playing field area immediately as well as not be allowed to the next week’s game. If the person(s) is there to represent a team and does not leave within 3 minutes, then the team will forfeit the game.
- Any participant(s) who disrespect another participant, official, staff member or spectator will be immediately ejected from the game. The ejected participant must meet with the intramural director to discuss the incident and what further actions will be taken.
- Any participant who endangers the health and welfare of another participant, be it flagrant or not, will be ejected from the game and must meet with the Intramural Director to discuss the incident and what further actions will be taken.
What is considered Disrespectful?
- Any participant who shows up an official, taunts a player, throws equipment or talks back to an official, staff member, participant or spectator will be considered disrespectful.
- Any participant who uses vulgar language towards another participant, official, staff member or spectator will be ejected from the game. If said participant is ejected a second time during the intramural semester ( even if it is from another sport) he/she will be ineligible for any regular season, post season or one (1) night tournaments for one (1) calendar year.
- Any participant who makes a threatening comment towards an official, staff member or spectator will be removed and must meet with the intramural director or supervisor immediately. The matter may be referred to the University Police.
- There will be NO FIGHTING. Anyone who starts a fight will be banned from all intramurals and the facility in which the incident occurred for a minimum of ONE (1) CALENDAR YEAR. The person(s) must meet with the intramural director and a representative of the Office of the Dean of Students. If the person is not a student, then he/she will be turned over to the university police.
- Any participant who bumps, shoves, spits, throws equipment, gestures or verbally attacks an intramural staff member, participant, official or spectator will be ejected immediately and must meet with the Intramural Director to discuss the incident and what further actions will be taken.
- Any player who is ejected from an intramural event is to immediately leave the building or playing field where the event is taking place or risk further disciplinary actions. If the person does not leave within three (3) minutes of ejection, then his or her team will forfeit the game; said person will be banned from all intramural activities for one (1) calendar year and will be escorted out of the building or away from the playing field by security or University Police.
Ejected Player Meeting Procedure
- Any participant who is ejected from an intramural activity for fighting or for unsportsmanlike conduct has 48 hours to meet with the intramural director. If the person fails to meet or contact the director within 48 hours, then said person will be banned from intramural activities for ONE (1) CALENDAR YEAR. At the time of the meeting the person who was ejected will be able to give his/her side of the story. After hearing his/her side the director will render a decision of how long a suspension the person will receive.
***Two (2) ejections during one (1) semester (even if from two (2) separate sports) will result in an automatic ONE (1) CALENDAR YEAR suspension from intramural activities***
- Individual: Any individual who turns his/her name in to be added to a team and does not show up to participate, without advance notice, will be banned from all intramural activities for ONE (1) CALENDAR YEAR.
- Team Sign-ups: Any team which signs-up for an intramural league and does not show for two (2) games will be banned from intramural activities for ONE (1) CALENDAR YEAR (Unless advanced notice is given to the intramural department).
If any team has to forfeit two (2) games (due to not having enough players) in a season, then the team will not be eligible for post-season play.
***Intramurals are for fun, they are not life or death***
Rules of the Game
Click on one of the sports below to view rules
- 3 Point Contest
- 8-Ball Billiards
- Air Hockey
- Bean Bag Tourney
- Bench Press Challenge
- Bocce Ball
- Bubble Hockey
- College Bowl Pick’em
- Field Goal
- Flag Football
- Floor Hockey
- Frisbee Golf (Frolf)
- Gator Ball
- Golf League
- Home Run Derby
- “Intra Mural” (Art)
- Kick Ball
- March Madness
- Mushball (16 inch softball)
- Ping Pong
- Rock Paper Scissors
- Sand Volleyball
- Texas Hold ‘em
- Texting Bee
- Ultimate Frisbee