In an effort to better serve students and scholars and their dependents on F, H, and J visas, the International Students and Scholars Office has set up appointments and walk in advising hours for immigration inquiries effective immediately.
The International Students and Scholars Office would like to provide students with the information that acceptable walk in requests include:
- General employment questions
- Turn in Optional Practical Training application and supplemental materials (application can be found in Online Documents)
- Turn in Curricular Practical Training application and supplemental materials (application can be found in Online Documents)
- General travel questions
- General immigration questions
- General health insurance questions
Students, scholars, their dependents, and prospective students will be seen on a first come first serve basis during walk in hours. To see when we have walk in advising hours and appointment hours available, please visit the International Students and Scholars website.
Appointments will also be available ona first ome first serve basis in the event that you cannot come into the office during walk in hours.
The following are topics that require an appointment to see an immigration advisor:
- J-1 student or scholar check in
- Change of Status applications
- Assistance in filing claims for students who have HTH Worldwide insurance coverage
- Other complicated issues to be determined by immigration advisors.
The International Students and Scholars Office will be closed only for federal holidays and official holidays set forth by Purdue University.
Filed under Recent Articles.