Back to School Weekend
The third annual Back to School Weekend, hosted by Purdue Calumet’s Office of Alumni Relations and Purdue Alumni Calumet, is set for Sept. 20-22. Everyone is invited to come to campus for three days of activities that recognize alumni achievement, celebrate life-long learning and showcase Purdue Calumet programs. Events include:
Alumni Leaders Day: Thursday, Sept. 20
4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Alumni Hall of the Student Union & Library
What do an international political advisor, a hospital emergency room medical director and the president of one of the top 20 largest electrical contractors in the nation have in common? They are all Purdue Calumet alumni who will be honored during Alumni Leaders Day.
Twenty-two alumni—one from each Purdue Calumet academic department—will be recognized for career success and accomplishments. You are invited to take part in the open forum and ask the honorees questions, as well as meet and mingle with them afterward during a networking reception.
Register to attend this free event, as well as view honoree bios at
Friday University: Friday, Sept. 21 & 28
Without homework and tests, Friday University enables you to experience intellectual nourishment by attending on campus non-credit, enrichment courses focusing on topical and interesting subject matter designed for adult learners.
Each course, offered either Sept. 21 or 28 for two hours, is taught by a Purdue Calumet faculty members. Courses are scheduled in the morning and afternoon. This fall’s schedule is as follows:
Friday, Sept. 21 | 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 21 | 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 28 | 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 28 | 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 28 | 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Wine Tasting ($10 lab fee required)
Each Friday begins with a 9:30 a.m. continental breakfast, followed by a 10 a.m. class, lunch and a 1 p.m. class. The registration fee for one Friday is $50 and $70 for both Fridays.
Course descriptions and a registration form for Friday University are available at www.purduecal.edu/back-to-school. Simply complete the form and mail it back to us with your payment:
Purdue University Calumet
Office of Advancement, LAWS 322
2200 169th Street
Hammond, IN 46323-2094
Checks & credit cards accepted. Questions? Phone (219) 989-2915 or email email@example.com. Discounts are available for Purdue Alumni Calumet (PAC) members. To become a PAC member, visit www.purduecal.edu/alumni and click on the “Become a Member” tab.
Back to School Saturday: Saturday, Sept. 22
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Alumni and friends are invited to campus for a day of fun-filled, family friendly activities.
See what’s new on campus; enjoy live entertainment by Nicole Jamrose; partake of lunch, intramural sports and children’s activities. Special reunion year receptions for alumni classes of 2007, 2002, 1997, 1992, 1987, 1982, 1977, 1972, 1967 & 1962 will take place from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Registration required. More info here.
The schedule. . .
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Entertainment by vocalist and Purdue Calumet alumna Nicole Jamrose; a picnic lunch will be provided.
- Athletics and Intramural Tournaments: Organized dodge ball, volleyball and rock-paper-scissor tournaments for the whole family. Children’s activities and arts & crafts.
- Scavenger Hunt: Explore campus with tours and hands-on activities at our academic schools, Center for Visualization through Visualization and Simulation, Riley Child Center, The Challenger Learning Center, Hospitality & Tourism Management Building, the Fitness Center, and University Village student housing. Collect prizes and enter for a chance to win Purdue Calumet gear!
2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Art exhibit & dessert! Alumni, students, faculty and staff are invited to exhibit a piece of artwork in the Student Union & Library concourse. All media welcome. Stick around for the drawing for Purdue Calumet gear and prizes!
3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Alumni Reunions (by invitation) for classes of 2007, 2002, 1997, 1992, 1987, 1982, 1977, 1972, 1967 and 1962. Purdue Calumet Chancellor Thomas L. Keon and his wife, Nancy, invite you and your guests to their home, just two blocks from campus.
Filed under Alumni.