Back to School Weekend
Join us for Back to School Weekend, Sept. 22–24
By DIANA VIRIJEVICH, Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
Everyone is invited to come back to school when Purdue University Calumet’s Office of Alumni Affairs and Purdue Alumni Calumet host the second Back to School Weekend! Join us for three days of activities that recognize alumni achievement, celebrate life-long learning and showcase Purdue Calumet’s programs.
Thursday, September 22
Alumni Leaders Day
4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday, September 16 and 23
9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday, September 24
Picnic, entertainment, open house activities and alumni reunions
Alumni Leaders Day
Thursday, Sept. 22
Celebrate the accomplishments of Purdue Calumet Alumni.
What do a hospital vice president of operations, a president and CEO of an international software development company and a VP of talent, learning and communications have in common?
All three are Purdue Calumet alumni who will be honored during Alumni Leaders Day recognition Thursday, Sept. 22 in Alumni Hall at 4:30 p.m. Honorees are returning to campus from as far away as Thailand; Buffalo, NY; Boston, MA; and Little Rock, AR to take part in this program. Twenty-two alumni—one from each academic department–will be honored for their professional success.
All are invited to take part in an open forum, at which honorees will answer questions from the audience. Also plan to stay to meet the honorees at a post-forum reception. Learn about their Purdue Calumet education and the path that led them to their success. Visit the list of honorees and view their bios at www.purduecal.edu/alumni.
Please RSVP by phoning 219/989-2915 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fridays, Sept. 16 & 23
Satisfy your hunger for intellectual nourishment.
Back by popular demand… Friday University provides non-credit, enrichment courses on campus designed for adult learners of all ages. Courses, all taught by Purdue Calumet faculty, include: “Facebook, Twitter and iPads, Oh My!: How to Talk to Your Grandchildren;” “Memoir Writing;” and “Financial Planning and Investing”, to name a few.
Also, experience the opportunity to meet and network with faculty and other program participants during the morning reception and lunch.
Each Friday begins with continental breakfast, followed by a 10 a.m. class, lunch and a 1 p.m. class. The registration fee for one Friday is $40 and includes the morning reception, morning and afternoon classes and lunch. Sign up for both Fridays for only $70. There is a special alumni rate of $60 for both Fridays.
Back to School Saturday
Saturday, Sept. 24
Join us for a fun filled, family day of community activities, program tours and career assistance.
Family Friendly Activities, 11:00 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Entertainment – Vocalist and PUC alumna Nicole Jamrose performs!
- Picnic (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.) hot dogs, hamburgers and more…
- Children’s games, face painting, arts and crafts ….
- Campus tours – includes our new Purdue Calumet White Lodging Center for Hospitality and Tourism Management and our award-winning University Village residential facility.
- Athletics – shoot hoops with some of our Peregrines basketball players and have a chance to win a prize. There also will be opportunities to play volleyball or basketball, or just work out while taking touring the Fitness and Recreation Center.
- School/department open houses – Each academic school will offer information and activities that showcase their programs. Visit our popular Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation, where you can wear 3-D glasses and experience a variety of virtual environments. You also can check out our nursing simulation laboratory where you can experience real birth and death health scenarios using mannequins. Visit our website for a complete listing of activities.
Special alumni reunions and reception, 2 – 3 p.m.
- Alumni reunions for years 2001, 1991, 1981, 1971, and 1961 hosted by our magnificent Hospitality and Tourism Management facility. Reconnect with alumni and faculty from these reunion years.
- Meet new Purdue Calumet Chancellor Thomas Keon at our dessert reception.
Filed under Alumni.