Administrative Access Request Procedure
This procedure pertains to any users requesting access to one of the following administrative computing systems:
- INB Banner
- Reporting Systems
This procedure will apply to the following types of requests:
- New Hires requiring first-time access
- Requests for additional access for existing accounts
- Departmental transfers (automatic review and reauthorization of access is required for all departmental transfers)
Steps required to obtain access are listed below. Please note these steps are required as part of our audit compliance standards. Any requests not following this format will be returned.
- Prior to requesting access ALL users must completed the following certifications:
To complete these certifications please go to www.purdue.edu/webcerts. You will need your career account username and password to login.
- All requests for access must be sent by the requestor’s department head to Banner Security (email@example.com). Security request should include:
- The type of access needed (i.e. INB Banner) and the
- Reason for this access; job function (i.e. advisor)
- Specific needs such as report names, INB banner forms or name of another individual within the department whose access to mirror
- Once Banner Security receives this email, we will then send this request on to the data owners for approval. Each area has a designated custodian responsible for reviewing and approving access. If the approving custodian has any questions or concerns they will contact the requesting department head.
- Once Banner Security receives approval back from all needed data owners, the request will be processed and an email will be sent to the individual and their department head notifying them of their access.
For questions or more information, please e-mail to Banner Security at firstname.lastname@example.org.