Charles H. Lawshe Building and stick figures carrying a large key

Workplace Injuries

If an employee is injured while at work, please follow the process below: 

  1. Contact University Police so that a police report may be taken.
  2. The employee’s supervisor should complete a First Report of Injury.  Go to this Web page
    • Complete the online “First Report of Injury Form (PDF)“.
    • Print a copy for your records
    • Then click on the SUBMIT BY E-MAIL button.  The fields automatically populate to submit the form electronically to JWF, our workers compensation provider.
    • Provide Purdue Calumet Human Resources with a copy of the First Report of Injury.  You can do this one of the following ways:
      • Include Human Resources in the “CC” field of the e-mail submission, OR
      • Fax the FROI to Human Resources at 989-2185, OR
      • Send the FROI via campus mail to Human Resources, SAB 1005
  3. If employee needs to seek medical treatment, please refer the employee to one of the following locations in the order listed:
Facility Hours Address Phone
Comprehensive Care
(closest to campus)
8:00 am — 6:00 pm 7501 West 15th Ave;
Gary, IN 46406
Hammond Clinic
Go to Working Well Counter

8:00 am — 6:00 pm

Mon – Fri

7905 Calumet Ave;
Munster, IN 46321
St. Margaret
Mercy Hospital
(after hours or in emergency situations)
24 hours 5454 Hohman Avenue;
Hammond, IN 46320