If a Workplace Injury Occurs…
Please follow the process below:
- Contact University Police so that a police report may be taken.
- Go to this Web page http://www.purdue.edu/rem/home/forms/froi.pdf
- Complete the online “First Report of Injury Form (PDF)“.
- Print a copy for your records
- Then click on the SUBMIT BY E-MAIL button. The fields automatically populate to submit the form electronically to JWF, our workers compensation provider.
- Provide Purdue Calumet Human Resources with a copy of the First Report of Injury. You can do this one of the following ways:
- Include Human Resources in the “CC” field of the e-mail submission, OR
- Fax the FROI to Human Resources at 989-2185, OR
- Send the FROI via campus mail to Human Resources, SAB 1005
- If employee needs to seek medical treatment, please refer the employee to one of the following locations in the order listed:
|Comprehensive Care (closest to campus)||8:00 am — 6:00 pm||7501 West 15th Ave;
Gary, IN 46406
|Hammond Clinic Go to Working Well Counter||
8:00 am — 6:00 pm
Mon – Fri
|7905 Calumet Ave;
Munster, IN 46321
Mercy Hospital (after hours or in emergency situations)
|24 hours||5454 Hohman Avenue;
Hammond, IN 46320