In May, 2012, Purdue Calumet will transition to a new process for requesting and approving leaves. This new process is not for everyone nor is it for every type of leave. Learn more about this new process by listening to the brief overview in Step 1 below.
Step One – Requesting and Approving Leaves Online — An Overview
Step Two — Prepare for Requesting and Approving Online Leaves
- Set Your West Lafayette E-Mail to Forward to your PUC E-Mail – QRC – Setting WL Email to Forward to PUC Email (if your e-mail is not set to forward, you will not receive e-mail related to leave requests)
- Check to Ensure Your Work Schedule is Correct — QRC – Verify Work Schedule (if your work schedule is not correct in SAP your leave balances may not accurately calcualte)
- If you supervise others, Check your Supervisor Roster — QRC – Verify Your Supervisor Roster (if your supervisor roster is not correct, you will not receive leave requests your direct reports initiate)
Step Three – If you are requesting a leave, the quick reference cards below will walk you through the process.
- Log Into the OnePurdue Portal and Access Working Time — QRC – Logging into OnePurdue Portal
- Check Your Leave Balances — QRC – Check Your Leave Balances
- Request Time Off — QRC – Request Time Off
- Monitor Your Leave Request — QRC – Monitor Leave Requests
- View the Team Calendar — QRC – Viewing the Team Calendar
- Change or Delete a Leave Request (if necessary) — QRC – Adjusting a Leave Request
Step Four — If you supervise others, the quick reference cards below will walk you through the process of approving or denying a request.
- Approve or Reject a Leave Request — QRC – Approve or Reject a Leave Request
- View the Team Calendar in Manager Self Service — QRC – View the Team Calendar in Manager Self Service
- Create a Rule to Organize Leave Requests in Outlook — QRC – Create a Microsoft Outlook Rule to Organize Leave Requests
- Assign a Temporary Approver to Take Over Your Tasks While Out of the Office — QRC – Assign a Temporary Approver to Take Over Tasks
- Assign an Individual to Enter Approvals/Denials into the System on Your Behalf — QRC – Assign an Individual to Enter Approvals into SAP on Your Behalf
Step Five – If you have been assigned to enter approvals on behalf of someone else, the following instructions must be followed before you will be able to perform these tasks.
- Take Over a Task Assigned to me by a Supervisor — QRC – Enter Leave Request Approvals on Behalf of a Supervisor
Questions related to content on this website may be directed to Colleen Robison or Laura Guzman in the Purdue Calumet Human Resources office.