Prior to your first day on the job, there are several administrative tasks that must be completed for you as well as by you. Following is a summary of what you can expect to occur as well as information we need from you.
- If you have been hired into an Administrative/Professional position (monthly paid) you can expect to receive an offer letter.
Please sign and return the offer letter to Human Resources right away!
- You may receive a welcome call from your supervisor or someone from from your new department. Be certain to ask questions if you are confused about anything!
- You will receive a welcome packet in the mail that contains
- A Welcome Letter
- New Employee Guide
- Forms to be completed
- Information about benefit options
You should read the Welcome letter and then open up the New Employee Guide and begin reading and completing the tasks requested in the first section of the guide titled “Preparing for Your First Day”. There are several forms that need to be completed as well as actions that you are asked to take. Following the checklists carefully in the New Employee Guide will ensure you are properly prepared for your first day!
Contents of Your Welcome Packet
Following are links to many of the forms and documents contained in your welcome packet.
- Federal Tax Form – Pages 1 and 2 (W4/2013) (PDF)
- Indiana Tax Form (WH-4) (Excel)
- Form I-9(PDF) (Refer to Page 5 on Documents to bring to verify your Employment Eligibility!) (Please do not complete paper form of I-9; refer to instructions below for electronic completion of I-9)
- TALX Quick Reference (DOC) – (For completion of required electronic I-9)
- Employee Information Form (Form 13) (PDF)
- Self-Identification Compliance Form (PDF)
- Direct Deposit Application (PDF)
- Faculty-Staff Parking Access Permit Application (2012-13) (PDF)
- Campus Parking Maps (PDF)
- Traffic Violation Brochure (only available in print)
- Notice of Privacy Practices for Purdue Health Plans (PDF)
- Summary of Benefits (select your staff classification below)
- Medical Plan Information
Information found in the Summary of Benefits:
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Defined Contribution Plan – 403(b) (Admin/Prof and Mgt/Prof Staff only)
- Mandatory Plan – 401(a)
- Defined Benefit Plan (Clerical/Service and Operational Technical Staff only)
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan – 403(b) and 457(b)
Please note: in order to view some of these forms, you may need to download and install free document viewer plugins. You will find the links to those plugins in the navigation on the right of each page on this site.
Additional Benefits Information
Additionally, please visit the main benefits Web site where you have online access to all benefit information. This is a great tool to take a look at prior to your first day!
Continue to On Your Start Date