Your first week will be spent learning about the University, your role, and the tools that will help you work productively. Your New Employee Guide outlines the tasks that you should complete during your first week – refer to the section titled “Your First Week” and complete all tasks in that section.
From Your New Employees Guide
Following are links to some of the documents reference in your new employee guide:
- New Employee Survey – Give us Feedback!!!!
- PUC Acronyms (DOC)
- New Hire Frequently Asked Questions (DOC)
- Storing Documents on your Computer (DOC)
- Around Town (PDF)
- Reserving a Conference Room (DOC)
- Campus Mail Procedures (DOC)
- Requesting Time Off – Form 33 Absence from Campus (vacation, illness, etc)
- Travel and Expense Reimbursement – PUC Travel Center
During your first week, you should receive an email invitation to participate in the New Employee Orientation Workshop
Add New Employee Orientation Workshop to your Outlook calendar
Also during your first week, if you have been assigned roles in OnePurdue, you should receive an e-mail from Human Resources instructing you regarding your OnePurdue Training Plan
Contact Human Resources to ensure you are registered for any applicable OnePurdue online and classroom based training
- Talk to your Supervisor
- Talk to your Departmental Orientation Contact Person
- Contact your New Employee Ambassador
- Contact Human Resources
Please note: in order to view some of these forms, you may need to download and install free document viewer plugins. You will find the links to those plugins in the navigation on the right of each page on this site.
Continue to During Your First Month.